Mumblings from the Beast

Old 06-30-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mumblings from the Beast

So, I've got to go transfer some money from one bank to the other today. I hop in the truck and sally forth. On my way , I'm thinking to myself, "I don't need any pocket cash so I'll just deposit it all in the other account".

From somewhere far, far away...as faint as the first sound of the surf that you here when approaching the beach...I hear lamest, most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Not even a demand, it was a plea.

Beer?

I think this is the first time that I recognized it coming from a place that was not me. It came from something that I've separated from myself. I laughed out loud and went on about my business.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

It's kind of exciting when this separation is experienced because the way forward is so much clearer and simpler, easier to see. The separation becomes even more pronounced once a solid commitment to sobriety is made, a Big Plan. Congratulations, trachemys.

Are all trachemys species called sliders? What's the reason for that? Just curious. I thought if anyone knew it would be you.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Are all trachemys species called sliders? What's the reason for that? Just curious. I thought if anyone knew it would be you.
Yep, all sliders. No idea why.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The Beast is pathetic to be sure! It tries everything doesn't it? Thanks for sharing the experience!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry but this sent me into a fit of giggles. Your post, Trach, created such a visual.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

It's kinda like a bee buzzing about you in the backyard, the more attention you give it the more dangerous it becomes, but ignore it and it soon leaves you alone.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's so crazy. I noticed a separation a few weeks ago. I was so thirsty for water finally after hours of drinking beer, I guzzled some water and thought there body are you happy. Later I thought about it and thought I was losing it. Glad to hear this is common.