200 days yesterday...

Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

Talking 200 days yesterday...

Hello...

I know folks who practice AVRT generally don't count days, weeks, or months and to be honest, it isn't part of my daily life. I have an app on my phone that provides inspirational quotes and on the home screen it tells me how long (in days) since I made my Big Plan.

I looked up an inspirational quote today while waiting for my husband to join me for lunch. I was at an outdoor cafe in Dunedin, Florida called The Living Room. It is beautiful here in Tampa Bay today and I wanted to read something pleasant to go along with it.

When I checked the app for a quote, the number 201 popped out at me. I thought, "Wow, very cool, I had 200 days sober yesterday." That put a bigger smile on my face than was already there.

I am stopping by today to thank some of the folks that really helped me during those early days of my AVRT journey.

Freshstart57, RobbyRobot, & Soberlicious, I sincerely thank you for sharing your stories and your knowledge..

You always made me feel comfortable asking anything. Your time spent helping those of us early in our journey's is a selfless act that has real human value. You guys are nothing less that super heroes! :- )

Cheers!

Tammy

---
Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Tammy!!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Only a special person can look back at a monumental, life-changing, personal and private transformation and think of others. Sometimes, sobriety can be a continuation of that not-to-be-missed movie starring ME, and you are a welcome exception to that. Lovely.

Congratulations on your success in that most private journey, and best to you.