One of life's little moments

Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One of life's little moments

In sobriety i have had a few of these, i've recently posted about diving with wild seals a month ago.

I have just had an email about being accepted to be a peice of living art on the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Sq.

One & Other

There's an art project going on at the moment there designed by Antony Gormley who designed the Angel of the North, where everyday people spend an hour on the empty plinth for a period of i believe 3 months. Well i applied a couple of months back, as i've always been a bit arty, never thought i'd get on it as the spaces are limited and guess what i've been accepted! Sunday 4th Oct between 10 and 11 am....perfect timing for a day around London too. It will be live on the net on the above site, but i will definately be taking photo's from up there.

Sobriety to me has brought out the person that i always was. Throughout my drinking the real me was always tucked somewhere inside, what i have found is that i'm now living a life that i enjoy and these little things really add quality to it. I'm really looking forward to it, don't know what i'm going to do on it yet, but will enjoy every moment i'm sure.

Anyway thought i'd share it here.

Paul
Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digderidoo View Post
In sobriety i have had a few of these, i've recently posted about diving with wild seals a month ago.

I have just had an email about being accepted to be a peice of living art on the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Sq.

One & Other

There's an art project going on at the moment there designed by Antony Gormley who designed the Angel of the North, where everyday people spend an hour on the empty plinth for a period of i believe 3 months. Well i applied a couple of months back, as i've always been a bit arty, never thought i'd get on it as the spaces are limited and guess what i've been accepted! Sunday 4th Oct between 10 and 11 am....perfect timing for a day around London too. It will be live on the net on the above site, but i will definately be taking photo's from up there.

Sobriety to me has brought out the person that i always was. Throughout my drinking the real me was always tucked somewhere inside, what i have found is that i'm now living a life that i enjoy and these little things really add quality to it. I'm really looking forward to it, don't know what i'm going to do on it yet, but will enjoy every moment i'm sure.

Anyway thought i'd share it here.

Paul

I tend to forget things, though I have marked it on my calendar, but can you please remind us here at Secular to check out the site on October 4! Please
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cpoppy
I tend to forget things, though I have marked it on my calendar, but can you please remind us here at Secular to check out the site on October 4! Please
Yeah definately
Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

omg, that is so cool
will you repost right before you go so I remember to check it?
I think I would be nervous. I don't know what I would do. The girl right now looks like she is typing away on some message board or something
Old 09-01-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool, I couldn't stand for an hour can you sit?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow Paul that is very cool

Have you decided what you are going to do or is it going to be a suprise?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I know artistic endeavors help keep me balanced. For me its photography. Wish I was in the UK to photograph you guys. Sounds like a fun project. Keep it real and balanced and cheers from across the pond.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know what i'm gonna do yet alley, i'm going to enjoy it that's for sure.

I've put my profile on the website, here's the link

One & Other Daley

You can sit jamdls, you can do whatever you want. I'm definately going to take some photo's.

I'll definately repost the night before i go on sfgirl, i'll put an album up as well, my kids are going to take some photo's.

Art is something i enjoy too EW, but mainly galleries and stuff, rather than creating it.

Paul
Old 09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I vote for embarassing your kids! That was always 1 of my favorite things to do.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

As an update i think what i'm going to do is be taking photograph's of people passing and having my children take their emails so i can post them a view of themselves from the plinth.

I was going to do some embarassing dancing and try and get the crowd to join in, such as the cha cha slide, macarina, etc. I was also thinking of a partial strip to the Full Monty just to embarass my kids, but as it's 10am on a Sunday morning the only people around will be older people, there's not really a crowd.

I have also found out that there's an exhibit in the National Gallery of a live video stream of the plinth. So i will actually be a piece of art exhibited in the National Gallery lol

Paul
Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Been absent from the boards a while, still check in though.

Just a post to remind those that wanted to know i am on the Trafalgar SQ plinth tomorrow on Sunday 4th Oct at 10am GMT+1 ( i think that's what British Summer Time is anyway). You can click on the link above and get a live feed or afterwards on the link below and get a replay. It will also be shown in the National Gallery as an exhibit, who'd have thought it...me a piece of art.

You can see my profile at One & Other I would also ask if anyone adds a message to my profile on this site to be aware of my anonymity and not mention alcoholism or sobriety, etc, etc

Many thanks for those who have pm'ed me.

Paul
Old 10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good luck Paul

Enjoy every second of it and remember to let your kids take lots of photos of you so we can see how it goes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm watching Sarra is leaving now!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey I watched you for an hour on and off as I came and went, I feel as if I know you now. You're a badmitten fan, and have lots of phone calls,pretty much the opposite of me... a volleyball fan with NO phone calls ! But your kids were a real plus around you, and it was fun watching!!! Thanks for sharing !!!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just got back from London and watched it myself, although i hate looking at myself in home videos etc, and what an accent i have! But hey that's me.

Paul
Old 10-05-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Munching, dancing and batting a tennis ball around at the same time. Fun stuff.