AVRT trying again

Old 10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Man still can't get this. The issue is mainly how i go through this deep depression and feeling i dont wanna get out of bed anymore. I know this is basically the comedown but cuz ive been a daily user for so long now I can't convince myself that this will pass so just go round and round and round
Old 10-03-2022, 09:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thecoyote99 View Post
Man still can't get this. The issue is mainly how i go through this deep depression and feeling i dont wanna get out of bed anymore. I know this is basically the comedown but cuz ive been a daily user for so long now I can't convince myself that this will pass so just go round and round and round
coyote, your post above is pure AV. There is no separation between you and IT.

It seems to me that you haven’t thoroughly read the book to get the concepts. May I suggest reading the book twice, do all the exercises, AND read the 6-part AVRT threads (yes, all 6 parts). Then come and ask questions about the method / concepts. This is what I did, and it saved my life.

Here is a link to part 1 of the AVRT thread I mentioned - https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...iscussion.html (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion)

You’ve got to put in the effort to learn this stuff. It takes time, but is totally worth it.

Good luck.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah ill read the book again thanks
Old 10-06-2022, 08:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
quat

If you read after using the Beast will be convincing you why ‘it won’t work ‘ and why you ‘couldn’t possibily do it’, when you read after you stop , the Beast will be reading over your shoulder and then have to speak to you through the AV. The latter is actually the situation you want to be in , the AV can blab all it wants , it’s infinitely ignorable , the former means you haven’t put yourself in the driver seat , reading while using is All Beast .

Rootin for ya
Old 10-06-2022, 08:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My cars needing repaired so im off the road for a week so think nows the best time to try and get a grip on this. The beast convinces me its better to do it when working so i can tire myself out but thats nonsense. The crippling depression the beast puts me through the first few weeks is prob best suffered when im doing nothing.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

coyote, please read the AVRT thread I Iinked in the post above. If you get bored easily, try reading the first five pages of the thread, focusing on Terminally Unique’s posts, he is awesome, This may whet your appetite for more AVRT knowledge. This should only take 30 minutes max and may inspire you to read the book with more vigor.

You can do this
Old 10-09-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have went through all those threads but ill go through them again thank you all xx