Notices

don't get why I can't quit

Old 10-21-2023, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

don't get why I can't quit

the last two times I quit smoking were not that bad then I stayed away for 14 years, when I relapsed in vapes thinking it would fix that empty feeling inside. what a horrible mistake, so incredibly dumb. I haven't told my family I'm trying to quit because they don't know that vapes are addictive. I'm embarrassed that I feel into the trap again. I so want to be free but I feel so terrible when I quit and I'm under so much stress my young dog barks for hours on end when left alone trainers aren't helping. I feel terrible resentment at times tward the dog then feel guilty about it, but he terrible behavior is insane and the trainer says it's our fault. I'm trying to do as directed but it isn't working. I'm at my wits end, when the withdrawal hits I get so angry and my doctor will say because of your mental health conditions you can't take Chantix, or welburtin which is how I quit smoking before. I couldn't stop without it. she won't Giye it to me. Nrt also makes me feel bad because it's the nicotine not the vape that makes me feel bad but worse when I stop. I'm not having breathing problems from vaping but im having numbness in my hands when I do it which scares me. I'm trying but I need more help than I'm getting. I feel like I need to go to a detox for smoking but they don't exist.
David
Old 10-21-2023, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should see your Dr anyway David - if you can't quit yourself, you're going to need some help.

D
Old 10-21-2023, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the last time my I asked my psch doctor she said ask my regular problem is aren't quit nic meds psch meds. I didn't even ask my regular doctor because it seems so ridiculous to ask my medical doctor when the psch schould be treating it. I going to message psch doctor and ask for help because I can't stop without help. thanks for responding . right now my anxiety is so bad all the time I feel so tense then I try to quit and it's so insane.
David
Old 10-21-2023, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just messaged my doctor and told her everything I've been feeling. I asked if I could try Chantix or wellburtin. I never asked before because I assumed she'd say no and say I'm worried about a manic episode. anyway I also stated I couldn't quit, a big reason I'm struggling so badly is my baseline anxiety/stress is do high. it's the major reason I've relapsed so often. I realize it's not from not working the steps but do to anxiety. I'm a very neurotic person.
David
Old 03-14-2024, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am anti Chantix / Champix. It literally changed my brain chemistry forever. Lucky to still be here even.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR ekudo

D
Old 03-14-2024, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I asked about Chantix when it first came out. My pdr looked it up and gave me a solid no. It isn't safe with our dx. Even people who don't have those type illnesses have reported terrible side effects.

I can't take Wellbutrin because it makes me panicky.

But reg Dr. will work with me on a reduction plan and supplement with nicotine gum or patches.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I recently quit. A couple of things helped me. I used to vape regularly but switched to nicotine gum. The chewing gum started rotting the tooth I had it sitting on when I was chewing. I pretty much never have significant teeth issues. I looked into it and turns out nicotine is used as a pesticide and does rot the teeth. They use it as a pesticide to kill bugs you can google this. I try not to use nicotine now. If I do I swish peroxide immediately after then gargle water to and spit to get the peroxide off. But yeah it's a pesticide that is used to kill bugs. Never heard that in my entire life and I know all sorts of wierd Ripley's Believe It Or Not level factoids.