Notices

Quitting in the first Three Days of Sobriety?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting in the first Three Days of Sobriety?

Im three days sober today and also thinking of quitting smoking as well. I was thinking either using the Nicorette spray or one of those electronic cigarettes. Has anyone done this early in sobriety? Do you think it could be too much at once? I dunno... I went to a treatment center a couple years ago that said if you quit smoking along with your substances you have a 37% less chance of relapsing... food for thought I guess.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did start vaping at one week sober and am cig-free for 75 days. Feel much better but am now reducing nic levels to taper off these.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Where can you get them? And how whats the price range?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

I personally believe the patch is the way to go if you need NRT or feel you do. With the patch you are not mimicking the dosing behaviour you do when you vap or use gum or spray. You calm the withdrawal, but learn to "cope" without dosing yourself on a regular basis with a drug. That is just my 2 cents. It just seems to make sense and worked for me. Lonnnnnnnnng ago.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I started vaping today. So lets see how that goes! So far so good
Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here's a thought and this is what I'm trying this time. I'm doing the patch, but I am also vaping with e-juice that contains NO nicotine. I know it sounds risky, but for those of us that don't want to put on the extra pounds by snacking, I found that I can get the best of both worlds with the nicotine step-down on the patch plus cure the habitual hand to mouth motion. I guess, in a way, I'm using the vaping as a placebo. Otherwise, I find that I start to panic (by not knowing what to do with my shaking hands) and then crack (sooner rather than later).
The best online store that I found with the best selection of vaping items and received the best overall ratings and reviews is VaporFi.com. I prefer the Chocolate Delight since the taste of it completely satisfies my sweet tooth so I'm not tempted to reach for a Snickers bar.
Let me know what y'all think.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

^ that sounds like an awesome plan! I couldn't do it myself though I don't think. Im terrified of the weight gain (eating disorder) and if I start gaining... well... its taken me out to alcohol and other drugs before. my plan is to very slowly decrease the amount of nicotine in my e juice. I started at 18mg for the flavored 2 I bought and 24mg for the cigarette flavor one. Im going to use my 18s and then start mixing it half and half with a 9mg and so on and so forth until im down to zero. hoping a slow taper will ease me into eventually no nicotine without too much of a weight gain problem.

plus... im cheap/broke and cant afford vaping and patches. lol

Let us know how it works for you!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I got sober It was a result of ending up in the hospital again, so there I was on the patch for about 5 days. When I got out I smoked right away that first day, then I said screw it and got two boxes of Nic. gum and haven't smoked sense I chewed 2-5 pieces a day for while and now the thought of smoking just inst appealing, this coming from from someone that smoked steady sense 16-17 yrs old. I've recently turned 27 and up to quitting thoroughly enjoyed the habit.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WEll I have four days and I smashed all my ciggerates snus an automizers to my vaporizers. I have nicotine gum and patch but I,m gonna try and go cold turkey so far 50 min. Vaping snus patches gum all lead me back to smoking. Im so tired of being a slave to nicotine it has cost me so much money. I was up to two packs a day when I was just smoking sumtyms 2.5 packs.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would take it one vice at a time.
Nicotine Gum is very effective.