Notices

day 2 is ok so far...

Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 is ok so far...

But damn it i still feel out of it. Everything is still all foggy and i have just started to get the shakes, not to bad but they are there. My appetite barely came back, i was actually able to go out for a run, more to get rid of the alcohol still in my system than anything. I still have 2 days to rest before work starts up again so hopefully i will be with it by then but we will see....here's to no more beer and alot more water...
Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Things will get better! I hope you can tough it out and safely. Day two is great!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep, day 2 sure is OK so far. It's not surprising you feel like you're in a fog. It may last a few days, but plenty of water, vitamins, exercise, and rest will help (of course).

Beware of the cravings to hit you head-on about the time you feel less foggy. Concentrate now while you're feeling bad, how you want to react when you get that desire again. Keep it fresh in your mind.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea those cravings that come when your feeling less foggy are here. I am starting to wonder why i wanted to stop drinking in the first place, i mean i havent hurt anyone and comeon everyone gets trashed every now and then right? Then i remember that every time i drink i get super trashed.....i hate the feeling afterwords, it takes a few days just to get over the feelings of humility and stupidity...and of course there are always the people that start off conversations like "hey do you remember doing this....." That's why im quitting, because im tired of being out of control.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not drinking is much better. Acting on cravings makes them much stronger and harder to resist the next time. You are doing the right thing by qutting. Have faith in your decision as it is the right one. Trust me, it does get worse. That is a ride to a place that you don't want to go. Just be grateful that you never hurt anyone and keep moving forward in sobriety. There is something called YETS (You are eligible too) and they come true with continued alcohol abuse.

The cravings will pass. Sobriety is a gift that you can cherish. Keep coming back here for support and lots of encouragement.