Notices

There is a New Bus in Town (Part 2)

Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Hi everyone! Boy have I missed this bus after a busy weekend!
I was just here yesterday morning but it seems like a few days away for some reason! Hugs all around!

Congrats to Dreamz for that news of her friends support - that is awesome!

And congrats to those of you who have gotten a sponsor! I have not found one yet, but it's only been 35 days since I have gotten back in AA this time around. I guess I'm being a little cautious but I want to make sure that my new sponsor is going to be a good match ya know? I've had bad luck with sponsors in the past. I think I was too desperate and asked people to be my sponsor too soon. But I'm that God will put the right people in my path; new friends at meetings, and a potential sponsor!

My family is leaving for Hilton Head on this Friday. I'm going to have to find an internet cafe down there so i can keep in touch with you all. I'm still nervous that I am going to be sorely tempted to drink on this vacation. I don't have much experience of "sobriety at the beach." Any suggestions for getting prepared for this temptation ahead of time are most welcome!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Sobriety1st
Great to be on the bus today, bright and early..a new adventure..a new day..and i am hoping for new friends today to all join in and enjoy the ride..
YEP always looking for new friends to join in on the ride...I am loving it, reminds me of the song "Loving every minute of it." But I don't think he was singing about a bus

Nevyn Morning everyone, here's to a good day for all.
Thanks Nevyn and what a good day it has been even with the heat

TexasDawn My family is leaving for Hilton Head on this Friday. I'm going to have to find an internet cafe down there so i can keep in touch with you all. I'm still nervous that I am going to be sorely tempted to drink on this vacation. I don't have much experience of "sobriety at the beach." Any suggestions for getting prepared for this temptation ahead of time are most welcome!
I really don't like making suggestions but I will tell you what I would do is continue to stay away from People, Places, and Things. Don't go into the bar unless you absolutely have I have come to realize for myself that there isn't a good enough reason for me to even try and tempt myself. Nope my sobriety is too precious to start over now.

Anyway what a lovely ride today and remember no people on the bus

Love Vic
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Thanks Vic. I will DEFINITELY not be going to any bars. And I'm hoping that the restaurants that serve alcohol will not be a stumbling block for me. I'm going to look on-line and find an AA meeting down there before we leave on Friday. A couple of AA meetings would REALLY help me down there.

The difficult part of the trip is that we will be sharing a huge condo with two other familes and there will be alcohol "around." Just having it in the same house for a week is going to be hard for me. Maybe after the first couple of days when I DON'T relapse, then I will begin to feel better and stop worrying about it so I can just enjoy this vacation with my family.

Okay enough worrying from me for one day!

Hey - what's for dinner around here? I've got some hot dogs and hamburgers! Who wants to do the grilling?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by TexasDawn
A couple of AA meetings would REALLY help me down there.

The difficult part of the trip is that we will be sharing a huge condo with two other familes and there will be alcohol "around." Just having it in the same house for a week is going to be hard for me.

Hey - what's for dinner around here? I've got some hot dogs and hamburgers! Who wants to do the grilling?
OMG Dawn that would be really hard for any of us to have to deal with in early recovery, but it sounds like you are planning to attend meetings which is helpful and we are all the same everywhere so maybe one of them might even help you also by sticking close. Heck even get some phone numbers from people there. Just remember that Just For Today, YOU and I never have to use again. Another saying that I try to run in my head and I haven't said this too much I am cleaning up my mouth "You can't save you ass and your face at the same time!"" I will surly keep you in my thoughts that is for sure.

I will do the grilling if no one else. OK I am thinking about you.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Take your time with the sponsor Dawn. I have had two before this one, I chose badly and ended up with guys I could not really relate to. Better to wait and have someone you can trust and work with than get the wrong person and then feel guilty about telling them you want to move on. Yeah I have guilt issues!

Any vege stuff? I don't mind grilling some boca burgers.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

YUMSKIES - I feel like a burger so definatly one for me - I've put on alot of weight since I stopped the drugs - but I'd prefer to be a bit soft round the edges as opposed to the skin and bones I was!!!!

I'm having another good day today - not as wonderful as yesterday but I'm still pretty happy. I'm tired which I love because I never felt tired when I was on it - I missed yawning - so now everytime I yawn its like God reminding me I did the right thing!!!!

Have a good day everyone, I've got softdrink to go with the burgers....mmmmmm Lemonade!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:38 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

PS - how do you get pictures for your name???? cause mine looks pretty boring compared to you guys!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Dreamz
PS - how do you get pictures for your name???? cause mine looks pretty boring compared to you guys!!!
What do you mean pictures for you name, do you mean avatars like the God thing I have let me know! Is what you do you go to user cp upper left hand corner click on that and then click on avatars, pick one from there or I could get you one to save on you PC and then You can upload it into there also..Let me know which way you want to go.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Thanks Lucky - what do you think? Its a picture of my dog Jingle...I love her!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Awe she is beautiful have you seen my baby Chance when I had him here? If not there is a picture of him in my I'm Still ALive thread in the NA forum I think there is one here also somewhere. Is that YOU?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

OMG how adorable is chance - I just saw the pic!!!! I love puppies (well not puppies anymore!!!) Yes thats me in the picture, back when it was warmer (its winter here and I am sooooo a summer girl!!!)
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Hi Dreamz!

To get a picture or a saying with your name at the end of a post, go to User CP and go to Signature.

Pass around those sodas okay? Let's party!

(((((Vic))))) I saw pictures of your beautiful baby Chance last year. I just know he's in heaven waiting for you honey!

Dreamz - Jingle is so cute! My avatar is a picture of my fat cat named Squeak. When he meows it sounds like a little squeak...hence the name. Although he has several nicknames that refer to his size. One of our favorites is Jabba the Squeak!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

(((((Vic))))) I saw pictures of your beautiful baby Chance last year. I just know he's in heaven waiting for you honey!
Actually if it was last year that was my baby Lucky. Lucky and I started the computer thing together. Awe I miss him so but I know that we will meet up again. Here is a Avatar that my friend Denise (Wingsfree) here at SR made me of Lucky Chance and ME! I love it, still don't know how she does that stuff though .

Here is a my thoughts when I kept relapsing

Tonight

I come here to this site
I want things to become bright

I don't want to use again
Please send a dove that is love send

I have to change my life I know
I am tired of using blow

It is hard for me to talk
It is harder for me to walk

So right now I am beginning to crawl
I really feel like I am about to bawl

And that is OK if a man cries
I am not telling anymore lies

I am an addict looking to live today
I will get on my knees to pray

To pray to whatever there may be out there
I don't want to drink anymore beer.

Help me now I beg of you
I don't want to have to use.

Anyway the is ROCKING BTW today is my 60 days
Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

60 days are great Vic, Keep it up...!

Hugs... Good night ALL, on the bus...X
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Dreamz - Jingle is so cute! My avatar is a picture of my fat cat named Squeak. When he meows it sounds like a little squeak...hence the name. Although he has several nicknames that refer to his size. One of our favorites is Jabba the Squeak!

Thanks - I love my Jingy - I don't get to see her much because she lives with my mum and dad but she's my heart!!!

Squeak is gorgeous - I love animals - although I am a puppy person (I get allergies round cats too long) I love cats too, I can just never own one! I like the name Jabba the squeak - give Squeak a pat for me!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Talking

Good Morning riders! The weather today might be a little so let's make sure that we keep dry and busy before the rain hits us. Also if we are grilling isn't someone going to bring some soda? Hum well here is a hug to everyone here that needs one
Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Hi Vic! CONGRATULATIONS on 60 days! That is awesome!
Did you see the congrats thread that Carol started for you?

I saw a picture and read your posts this past December when I first started coming to SR. I didn't realize that you had more than one little angel. How many pets have you had and how many do you have now? I have three cats.

(((Dreamz))) I love dogs just as much as cats. It's just that dogs are a bit more work to take care of. Cats are much more independent. Although dogs can be much more loving than cats! My cats like to act aloof at times. I want to get a dog someday. I had one growing up from the time I was born until I was 16. His name was Floppy. I was heartbroken when he went to heaven. I still dream about that dog every now and then!

Beautiful poem Vic. Thanks for sharing that. It does feel like we are crawling and learning to walk all over again.

Okay fellow busriders! Here's to a wonderful day on the bus! Doesn't it feel good to be not hungover?! Pass around the snacks and let's have a great time!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
Did you see the congrats thread that Carol started for you?

I saw a picture and read your posts this past December when I first started coming to SR. I didn't realize that you had more than one little angel. How many pets have you had and how many do you have now? I have three cats.
Yes I have seen the thread just got done with work today, saw that you posted so this was my first stop Anyway I have just Chance, I have a thread in the What is Recovery forum and in the NA Forum about my dog Lucky. He was really special but if you want to look at them here is the link to both..... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...you-lucky.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...r-journey.html

OK hope everyone has had a wonderful day....Chance is the only pet that I have right now. Heck he keeps me on the go
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

WE ARE going to just the day away today, let the and the people here have a wonderful bright day enjoying the sun and hoping it doesn't get too hot... Well that is ok if it does! Any music today?

http://www.last.fm/music/Great+White/Shot+in+the+Dark

Great White "Shot In The Dark" Ok carry on
Old 07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Talking

What A Good Day