Notices

There is a New Bus in Town (Part 2)

Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is a New Bus in Town (Part 2)

The bus has been carrying so many newbies for so long, our system cannot handle it any longer. Therefore, we are starting up Part 2 of the Bus thread, so hop on and enjoy the ride.

Here is the link to the original thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...oad-up-39.html
Old 06-30-2006, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Talking

Here is the origional post of the thread here for this bus! Hope that we all jump right in and enjoy the life of being clean and sober.

Welcome to the new bus in town, this bus is for anyone who wants to join, this is the SOBRIETY BUS, the only requirement to jump on this bus is not to drink or to use and if you do that is OK to cause most of us are retreads. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to SR, God, and every member here cause with out them this bus would not be rolling today. So come on, it will be a good trip, and hell we might have to stop for a movie or a bag of chips. We will be rolling all over the world and imagine all the fun we will have. HOP ON and strap it down, and lets see where we go.

Love Vic
Thanks to everyone here, that together we will keep it going, I really miss some of the people that did jump on from the start, maybe we can fill it up again.

Denise Vic
Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Count me in! I need some extra help this weekend - things have been going reall well and I was starting to feel pretty confident, then work got really wierd and the temptation started growing (cue theme from "Jaws"). Chain me to a seat on the bus and if I try to escape, someone please smack me "upside the head" as they say down here!
Old 06-30-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome to the Bus wishful don't worry, you won't get drunk or use unless you pick up. The craving and obsession will leave in time, so just hang in there for now. That is all we have to do. Hope that you enjoy the ride on the and don't worry we have some heavy dutie seat belts for this bus.

Love Vic
Old 06-30-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please count me in!!! I am SO there, and whatever happens DO NOT LET ME DRINK!! This will be Day 1 for me being sober and I am scared, but I'm there!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by dollparts
Please count me in!!! I am SO there, and whatever happens DO NOT LET ME DRINK!! This will be Day 1 for me being sober and I am scared, but I'm there!
Welcome dollparts to the new in town glad that you are here. Day 1 that is huge. I can relate to the scared part sometimes the fear of the unknown is hard, but we do have to realize that it has to be better than the hell that we have lived in yes! So just take some deep breaths and relax...Our singer should be around soon....anyone have any coffee?

Love Vic
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Thanks for the support Vic! And here is a cup of coffee for ya! I even put in some vanilla creamer for you! Enjoy and I need to remember to ::::BREATHE:::: I can do this!! I've already had some anger and frustration this morning and wanted to drink. I'M NOT DRINKING. I AM DEALING WITH MY FEELINGS and that is the first step I think. Thank you again! This is nice luxury bus by the way
Old 06-30-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by dollparts
Thanks for the support Vic! And here is a cup of coffee for ya! I even put in some vanilla creamer for you! Enjoy and I need to remember to ::::BREATHE:::: I can do this!! I've already had some anger and frustration this morning and wanted to drink. I'M NOT DRINKING. I AM DEALING WITH MY FEELINGS and that is the first step I think. Thank you again! This is nice luxury bus by the way
Thanks for the coffee I love vanilla creamer also how did you know? Yep sometimes we think we need to drink or want to drink but really we don't want to drink. that sounded confusing LOL...OK BTW feeling will come and feeling will go. I knew a guy once said that "Feeling are neither right or wrong, it is how we act upon our feeling that are right or wrong. Anyway glad to have you aboard.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Looks like we are moving right along on the , might pick up some extra passengers along the way! Today it is going to be a :sun: day and I think that life is going to help us each a lot. Take away the face and turn that frown upside down.

Love Vic
Old 07-01-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Um Cheryl and everyone where are you? The is rolling I just where you all are at. Need some song sung.......
Old 07-01-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Here is a picture of my sister!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This is me!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I can't forget Chance on this ride

Old 07-02-2006, 04:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Here we all go for another lovely day for a nice ride, strapping on the seat belt, might do something fun today don't tell anyone..
Old 07-02-2006, 12:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Captain's Log, Day 2...

We survived our second pass through the incarceration zone. A subspace call to starfleet command brought the admiral personally once again, and he gave us a tow through the "make bail" nebula. Fuel supplies have been correspondingly depleted.

Ship's internal damage is noticeable but we've made contact with the nearest starbase and they're willing to help us make repairs.

Long range sensors indicate we're about to pass through a nasty radiation storm over the next few days, and I expect the crew to exhibit aberrant behavior due to space withdrawal and craving sickness.

Dr. McCoy has prescribed better nutrition for all and Lt. Uhura has placed the USS Sponsor at the top of our subspace contact list. Shield repairs against the impending storm are progressing.

Whoops! Wrong metaphor... Sorry

I have a white chip. Any spare seats?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

This is my mum, she needs a seat!..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
vntgphtgrphblg.jpg (8.4 KB, 108 views)
Old 07-02-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Captain's Log, Day 2...
Whoops! Wrong metaphor... Sorry
I have a white chip. Any spare seats?
We always have a lot of room on this keep coming here and posting whatever you want it is all welcome here. Glad to have you abord.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Arura
This is my mum, she needs a seat!..
We have a seat here for everyone... so let's rock the and remember Just For Today, WE never have to use again,.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I think I have some bumper stickers here somewhere... Ah yes.

"Resistance Is Futile -- Abstinance Is Not"

"Alcohol Is Unnecessary"

"Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Sober Life"

"24 Hours Today And Counting"

"You Win The War By Surrendering The Battle"

"You Only Rent Beer -- Sobriety You Get To Take Home With You"

"My Evil Twin Is A Drunk -- And He's Me"
Old 07-03-2006, 04:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks GT I really like those bumper sticker, they sure do make a huge amount of sense OK the is rocking and we are on it...looks like another day to the day away and have fun in sobriety.

Love Vic