Notices

leaving SR for a while......

Old 06-15-2006, 11:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Igfan, I certainly hope you at least peak in on your thread to see this support. My guess is that sometimes people just don't have the answer to a specific problem and so therefore don't always post. At least that's how I am. There are so many times that I check in on someone and just don't know what to say.

Aloneagainor put it so eloquently. We really do need each other and every post helps us loosen the lock on our prison cell. You don't need to immerse yourself (like I do unfortunately) in order to gain the positive influence from SR.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

HI,igfan dont go .....i only joined SR a week or so ago. n yer
sometimes things get abit lonely, even in cyber space....

but i can still hear the screams in cyberspace...!
there are many..
Like has already been said ,its part of my recovery....now..Depsite.b/s.

some posts upset me too. Just try not to take it to heart like you said.

nobody no exactly who you are....so dont worry i will look out for
some of yer posts
Old 06-16-2006, 05:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

All of my life I have been looking for an escape. I sought it through drugs, women, alcohol is a drug, shopping, gambling, whatever it took to take the focus off of me. We all keep running from everything, that way we don't have to face life on life's terms. I don't know how many times that I have said that I was leaving (and meant it) just to find myself back here the next hour. So here I am proud of you for at least you have made is a whole 24 hours, hell I couldn't have done that being on the Internet. WOW a 24 hours, I sure that we have missed out on a huge amount of your ESH during that time, just as much as we would have missed out if we were to attend a meeting.

I had to finally realize that I couldn't keep running, digging, or just plain being stupid. I am not saying this directly to YOU, I am giving my ESH that I am willing to share. I had to stop fighting everyone and everything, wow I had to accept not only myself but others. Why? Total acceptance of ourselves allows us to be human. Once we have accepted that, then we know that we all are going to make mistakes. It is OK for you to feel the way that you feel. However this is a process that we are on, it isn't a destination. We all have our ups and our downs. OMG, I always thought that everything should go well, hell that wouldn't be reality now would it? I would be living in a fantasy world. We all are going to have down days, but the program teaches us that we can start our day over, if we choose.

I hope that you stay. You mean a huge amount to a lot of people. Look at all of the replies, do you think that we would be replying if you were not welcome? Sending good thoughts to you. I have been really busy here lately that is why I haven't been able to talk much on messenger.

Love Vic
Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Free to Be Me

Igfan, what your feeling is your disease talking to you. Remember, we have a disease that tells as that we dont have a disease. It is powerful, baffling and cunning. Looking for support and acceptance from people who dont know who you are? We do know who you are! You are just like us. I also am new to this site and at first I felt a bit uncomfortable, an I have three years clean and sober, with no drama (most days) I had to get out of my comfort zone and just jump in and start spreading the message. By spreading the message I keep the beautiful gift that AA/NA and my Higher Power have given me. Please keep coming back and sharing your experience , strength and hope as it sounds to me like you touch many hearts and that truly is recovery
Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey please dont leave I did answer ur post as soon as it was posted I just have never used it .......I really wish i could have helped more Im so sorry,Can I help any other way
I know Tim, i appreciate the link (i did check it out). I didn't expect much of a repsonse on that thread, hell even my doctor hadn't heard of Campral

I'm sorry you feel let down by SR Igfan.
Anna, i don't feel let down by SR. This really has nothing to do with SR, it's me and my insecurities, and just another cry for attention.

I'm wondering if after awhile, people really do form relationships and become "real friends" here, and if that will be possible for me. My main focus when coming here is to learn from people, and stay on the path. But another part of me also NEEDS to feel I belong
FarTooMuch - Thanks. I've often wondered this myself.

...and so you know, you and your name comes to my mind often. I'm so trying to figure out what Igfan means...
Indigo Girls Fan

Thanks everyone, i feel kinda stupid today. I feel like a little kid throwing a tantrum to get what they want. I really love SR, it's been a huge influence in my recovery and i have made a couple friends (at least i think i have). I really do need to cut back on the internet though (maybe i'll start with ***** Pool - baby steps).
Old 06-16-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so happy you checked in. It takes time to build friendships in real life and it takes time in cyberspace.

Don't feel stupid. Feel cared about. I started an "I'm leaving" thread when I thought I had enough of dumping my sh$t all over this place but I couldn't leave. I need this place too much. I didn't have anyone say "Hey, I thought you were out of here! Why are you posting?"

Hopefully you can moderate your time and get what you can here.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Igfan I love the Indigo Girls!!! I know how you feel while I was reading a thread on here I was wondering howcome no one came to my rescue to give me some words of wisdom or at least hope? I posted on every forum and got 3 responses which was ok, but others get tons of support and advice and help. I felt a little sad to like why wasnt I good enough. So I know how you feel and dont ever be embarassed of your feelings! Ever since then I dont posts threads here when I need help or advice but I do post. I have a different support group when I need it. So I understand maybe where too boring.lol Good luck with your recovery. KJ
Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Yeah, don't feel stupid. I've wanted to start a "I'm leaving" thread lots of times. Those were crappy days for me and I was just too lazy to start it.

If it helps you to be here then good, keep visiting. If you feel like your using the Internet too often then don't visit as often. I totally understand that, trust me. I'm sure most of us that visit SR every day, 12 times a day understand it. What ever you do, please check back once in a while and keep us posted about how you're doing.

~doll
Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mr .HELP ME I HAVE KIDS

Yeah back off ***** and go full steam here glad to see ur here today !!

We really need ya here and Guess what YOu need us to !!

Friendship alone is help for sobriety especially when the friends are all trying to accomplish the same goal ,

Dont leave before the miracle happens!!!!

Your loved and cared for here I guarantee it !!

At least on my part !1 if ya ever just need a chat add me to your ***** messenger if you have it @ just_a_nice_guy_chillin that is an offer to you and anyone else if im not on I will be and will return your messages!!

Thanks for being hear Ig!!
tim
Old 06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have felt that exact same way! You are definitely not alone in those feelings.

Stick around. We love having you here!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by PaperDolls
Yeah, don't feel stupid. I've wanted to start a "I'm leaving" thread lots of times. Those were crappy days for me and I was just too lazy to start it.
You probably wouldn't of had enough room with me here

Love Vic
Old 06-16-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Percocetaddict!
Yeah back off ***** and go full steam here glad to see ur here today !!

We really need ya here and Guess what YOu need us to !!

Friendship alone is help for sobriety especially when the friends are all trying to accomplish the same goal ,

Dont leave before the miracle happens!!!!

Your loved and cared for here I guarantee it !!

At least on my part !1 if ya ever just need a chat add me to your ***** messenger if you have it @ just_a_nice_guy_chillin that is an offer to you and anyone else if im not on I will be and will return your messages!!

Thanks for being hear Ig!!
tim
thanks Tim, appreciate it and i just may take you up on your offer. BTW, mine is boston_ortiz34.