Notices

hi im new in need of friends ......

Old 04-21-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tanya

hi im new in need of friends ......

basically ive known for a couple of years ive had a problem im 24 and been drinking non stop since i was 16. as soon as i found drink that was it i had it all i though , i t gave me confindence and corage and i didnt want to stop nor i didnt see the point in stopping, i have lost alot of friends and partners through it but at the time i didnt care alchol was more important than anyone, i also have manic depresion and it was a good way of self medicating helping my moods, i began to feel very ill for the past 2 years , feeling sick all the time and tired, i shake constantly and now im agrophobic because i think none likes me , i stopped drinking 3 days ago and im finding it horrid, i went to the docters and im on antabuse now and diazapam , i have a fionce i want to get better but, when will i feel better how long, and how do i go out enjoymyself in social situations without drink, i have never been sober with alot of people. im scared help please xxxxxxx

Tanya xx
Old 04-21-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hello Tanya
Welcome

Each of us are different so how long is not a set time. You are stopping at right around the same time I did and I am now 50. It does get better and you will find a social life without drinking. A good place for finding support and answers would be at AA meetings. The meetings can be bridge that show you that a social life can and does happen without alcohol.
You say your manic? Has a Dr told you that before you started drinking?
Alcohol can mask or increase and without the alcohol you could find that you are not manic. In any case, such should be shared with your Dr. Manic conditions can be treated and if there is a need for such, it will help you find that balance now that you have stopped the alcohol intake.
Congratulations on your choice.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tanya

thank you for repying x
yeas im on tablets for it it started when i was 12 so long befroe drinking, but i know ive made it worse now, i cry so much now, i feel fustrated aobut getting to this piont , have you ever taking antabuse i dont know anyone else who takes it , i find it quite scary but essential as i cant do it alone anymore i have tried counless times lol

tanya x
Old 04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

There are some who come here that take meds. I never did. My best friend did and it is true...don't drink while taking it. It does make you feel like crude he had told me. There is a Mental Health forum here and I am sure you will find much support from the wonderful people who visit that board. They are a great group as I hope you find any group here to be.
People will show up with answers to your questions throughout the day. Look about and read the posts that say sticky beside them at the top of the boards. I know you will find much info on them.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you for realizing that you have a problem and going about recovery the right way! This site is wonderful and there are also Forums for AA and Alcohol Abuse. They are on down the page of Forums. Good luch and remember, we are here if you need us. I don't know what advice to give but I can give support.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tanya

thank you so much , it nice to now im not alone xx
Old 04-21-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

**********{Tanya!!}}}}}}}}

Welcome...well ya came to the right place to make some goods friends...glad ya found us!! LOts of support and inspiration here....hope to see ya round!!

************{Warm Welcoming Hugs}}}}}}}}
Old 04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tanya

heehee thank you xxxxxxx
Old 04-21-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hiya CandyCat! Welcome to SR. As everyone has said this is a great place to come to when you are wanting to get sober and keep it that way. Loooots of great posts here so read what grabs your interest. Life get's a lot better once you manage to boot the booze out of your life - it is hard - but it is so worth it.

Glad you are here!

Suga
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Tanya, hang tight you'll make it through the worst of it. Once the physical withdrawal is over you can beging working on you, finding courage and letting go of that fear. If you need some moral support, I'm here pm me or find me at the Village. *hugs*.. hang on.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ASH

Welcome Tanya, dont be scared, you are doing the right thing!
For me, alcohol only made everything worse and I got sicker and sicker.

Your body will start to feel beter day by day, then you can work with your
Dr. on some of the anxiety issues.
Keep reading here at SR, lots of posts from people in a similar situation,
and for sure lots of support!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tanya

thank you so much ev1, im finding it helpfull to talk , i dont see many people but who i do know drink alot or just tell me to stop moaning get a grip :S i do feel a bit better, still shaky,anxiety,dreams finding the hunger worst, i just hope my mood levals out im being snappy to ev1 keep thinking theyll leave me...
Old 04-21-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Tanya to a really great group of people. The support and encouragment on here are absolutely wonderful. I am glad that you made the choice to see a much better life for yourself. Life is good without drinking. One day at a time it does get better.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tanya

i just want it quickly, very fustrating all this lol
my fionce in a band he plays in pubs,clubs i used to always see him but now the thought of evan entering a pub terrifies me, im so nervous around people and they always comment on my shaking grrrrr, also people ask stupid questions if you dont drink .....
Old 04-21-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey acndycat,

I can relate to that I used to want 20 years sober in one day! Just be patient with yourself and don't drink for today.

Kevin
Old 04-22-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
tanya

thank you nice to know im not being silly
Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

im 24 and been drinking non stop since i was 16. as soon as i found drink that was it i had it all i though , i t gave me confindence and corage and i didnt want to stop nor i didnt see the point in stopping, i have lost alot of friends and partners through it but at the time i didnt care alchol was more important than anyone
thats the short version of my story. i had to go to AA, you might try it, it helped me. just take it slow and have an open mind about it.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Candycat, you should probably stay away from the bar scene for awhile. Your fiance should understand, and if he doesn't then you need to work on that with him.

My advice is to find some good AA meetings, preferably some with younger people, though any meeting can be good. Go to a meeting every day. Set a short term goal of getting to your next meeting without drinking, and then after the meeting make your next goal that of laying your head down on your pillow that night without drinking.

Wake up and get to a meeting without drinking, and then get to a meeting and get to bed without drinking. Easy to understand, but not always easy to do. You CAN do it, though.

Go to a lot of meetings and find the meetings that work for you -- they're all different. Get to know some people at the meetings, and find a sponsor after awhile -- doesn't have to be right away. Don't be afraid to change sponsors, either. It's important that you get the right sponsor.

Also, don't beat yourself up if you relapse and drink. We have all done it. It happens. What's important is that you don't use a relapse as an excuse to continue drinking and stop going to meetings. Don't be afraid to show up at the same meetings the very next day and let people know you've relapsed. Everyone understands. They want you to come back as quickly as possible rather than take a few months off to drink again. You help them by being there right away just as much as they help you. I am not kidding about this -- we all draw strength from one another. When a regular disappears from a meeting, it hurts us and scares us.

The abundance of fellowship and love at a good AA meeting is hard for outsiders to understand, but it's there. You find some good meetings and the people there will love you, root for you, hug you and cry with you. You can meet a stranger at a meeting and in 60 seconds you are old friends. It can be the most wonderful thing in the world, and you might even consider yourself lucky to be an alcoholic at some point, as odd as that seems.

You CAN do this! Good luck!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
tanya

thank you x
Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

tanya... your not alone... you can do it, if you want it bad enough... surender, fix whats left of ya........................ agw, & tol........Pattee