Notices

i made a u-turn

Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i made a u-turn

i made a U-turn
<HR style="COLOR: #555576" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->hi all,
well, today is day 1 of my new sobriety (Was supposed to be the day that i got my 60 day chip, i don't usually get up for the chips but i really wanted this one). Anyway, yesterday i realized what i needed to do. My co-workers were pissed at me, said i'd been treating them badly (i wasn't aware of it, but looking back now i see they were probably right), one of my friends/co-worker (the one with 18 years sobriety) won't speak to me right now (I'm sure she's pissed that i lied to her, i tried to make it look like i tossed the last shipment of pills, but she's not stupid, i'm sure she knew what was going on).

I left work early, called my sponsor......told her someone needs to take these f'n pills away from me NOW. I met her, she dumped them down a storm drain, we talked for a little while, went to a meeting last night and we'll be in contact this morning. I feel good now, but i'm sure later anxiety will set in, from what i've read each .25 mg of xanax will remain in your system for upto 6 hours, i think i had about 5 mg yesterday so i'm guessing it may take a while.

I got on my hands & knees this morning, i surrendered, prayed for the obsession to be removed and for guidance. I'm not sure i've really got a higher power yet, but i'm really trying to find one, I'm going to need it.

Thanks everyone!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good For You!

Way to go! You will find the strength from DEEP within, it's there, it really is. You just need to do some soul searching, that's all. I did it...I prayed for days...thought that God was not ANSWERING my prayers, etc. Then one morning, IT was SO bizarre! I literally felt as though all of my "pain"...the want for drugs had been REMOVED from my very being.
That was very cool. I know, it's also pretty heavy, but true. I wasn't high, I was in a dark depression at the time. He lifted the cloud, and I really did feel it. Most AWESOME feeling I've ever had...better than any drug!
keep goin', YOU can do it! We're all proud of you! We'll be here! Take GOOD care. Gotta take the dog to the groomer! Bye for now!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Igfan,

Recovery is not easy and it's not always a straight line. You made a good decision and I know you can stay strong and get through today!