Notices

Want to change my life around

Old 03-07-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want to change my life around

Hello people good to see I am not the only person having hard times. I have been on and off beer and crying for over a year. It all started back in college and never seemed to change. I always drank beer and started drinking about 18 beers a night. I finally got scared last July and stopped drinking for a month. I worked out and lost 15 pounds. But then I went out with a buddy and from there to this past Sunday I was drinking everyday again. What happen Sunday still scares me I decided not to drink beer and decided Baleys and Starbucks liquor. I dont remmebrr anything except me and my wife started yelling I fell on the floor and cracked my chin. I was bleadding bad and my wife tried to tell me to go down stairs and get a towel. I said no and she smacked me and I smacked her back. I have never smacked my wife back ever. I proceeded to go down sairs and in the bathroom I fell fave first on the tile floor and luckly no teeth where broken. All day yesterday I stoped and went through detox. I could not eat and I kept having dry heaves. Today I still fill awfull knowing that was the worst I have ever been. My wife Gob bless her loves me and said never again. Alcohal has been running my life and everytime I try to quite it seems I cant. But after Sunday and last night I could not sleep and felt like I was dying opened my eyes. I am new to this web sitte but any help to have me stay srong would be great. I am a loving man but after Sunday night it scares me I have no idea and coud remember nothing from it and THAT SCARED ME!! Detox still hurts me right now 2 days later which if I feel my wife didnt grab the bottles I would be dead. I am not proud of this but I have to admit my fault and hope to have people help me walk away for good this time.

God Bless!
Bob
Old 03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bob ! welcome to SR

Alcohal has been running my life and everytime I try to quite it seems I cant

That is exactly where I was when I rang AA, they have helped me stop and STAY stopped now , for 2 1/2 years . They can do the same for you , give them a ring !

The freedom from the control of Alcohol, is freedom indeed!

Let us know how you are going

HUGX
Lee
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Stick around and read some posts. AA also helped me tremendously.
JMHS
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Bob,
welcome to SR its a great place for support.
Recognizing you have a problem an deciding you want to stop is great.
Stick with it, it will get better every day.
take care
Old 03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Welcome Bob32

Admitting your problem is the hard part. Today can be the start of a new life.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support I am seeing a conslor to help me start the recovery with AA support. I am kinda of nervouse about going but she told me not to worry I am not the only one there with the problem. Thank you for your encouraging words my wife even said she will go to support me Thanks to God for my wife.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

I relapsed after being clean and sober for 11 years
I only drank for 2 weeks.

I side effected was worst. Alcoholc basically truns into acid
in my body. I looked pailed, my body ached all over
I had night sweats. I never experince that before in my
younger days of drinking and partying.
I'm basically allergic to alcohol. My allergy continued to
progress without active drinking. Some say, it's like you never
stopped . From my personal experince, it's worst.

AA help me a great deal.
There's millions of men and women that suffers from the same
allergy I have. All have hands on experince. Therefore understood
me better than those that don't suffers from it.
AA also gave me living tools that i didn't have before.

The disease of alocholism effects me in ways of
pyhsical, mental and spiritual nature. I was educate to these fact.
At this piont in time it is still Incureable.

God bless
Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,

After I'd been in AA awhile, taken my wife to some meetings with me, and listened to stories like yours above, she said to me, "gosh, I thought you were out there having fun when I was stuck at home." I answered, "so did I."

I just finished a couple of pages on the powerlessness to quit to Jaz in another thread under this same umbrella. If you are willing to take a look at my post in Jaz's journal of hope, it is my hope that you might find something in there to help you as well. I'm typed out for the day. Prayers and Blessings for you - one of (Chuck)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,

You're not the only one with the beer problem I drank between 8 and 14 beers 5 nights a week for quite a few years. I've been sober over a year with the help of AA. There are a lot of people in AA that are just waiting to help. They sure have helped me. Welcome to SR, you are definitely with friends here.

Jup.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
'55 Classic

Welcome home. We've been waiting for you.

This can be the start of a whole new life. Stick around. Read some posts, especially about what to expect and those to give you hope. Go to meetings. Get a Big Book and study it. Start working the steps.

There is hope here. If I can do it, so can you. Just keep coming back.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Welcome to SR Bob!

You are so not alone in your misery. We've all been there in one form or another. It is good you have realized you have a serious and life-ending problem. You can kick alcohol out of your life for good... if you want it badly enough.

Like Sheryl said... "If I can do it, so can you." AA sure has helped me too. It works on many different levels.

Hang in there and keep coming back and posting. That has helped me a ton too.

Suga
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bob yes you have definately come to the right place here and you're going to meet some wonderful new friends.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
hi_smiley.gif (1.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

HI Bob.........been there done that.....I'm now almost 2 weeks sober, I found my life in the vicous circle of the more I drank the more I hated things and people around me.
I feel like a much better person now things are improving, or is it things are the same but I'm improving. Its amazing just how much a wife endures from our senseless drinking and lyeing (in order to drink more).
I found this SR site in my computer history file, I think my wife was here, kinda like a last straw. I know that alcohol is not the answer for anything in my life.
May you and I both be strong to enough to ovvercome and out our lives back in order.
With this SR board and its people, it has and will help me on the loooooong road to recovery
We are all here to help..strength in numbers.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

My life began again when I insisted, in the heavy throes of detox, that someone, anyone at the hospital where I was an "involuntary guest" take me to the AA meeting being held on another floor. Sick, disgusted with myself, ready to die or get better.....I started to get better.

You're not alone, Bob. As the Rainbows say, "Welcome Home."

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Leigh

Bob,
Welcome to SR, you'll love it here. Lots of great people who really care and are very serious about recovery. I have gotten lots of encouragement and if you continue to post you will also. I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband who has stood beside me through my addiction for many years. We need to keep in mind that they can't stand by us through addiction forever. It kills them just like it kills us. I'm so glad you've decided to make a change, you're doing a great thing for yourself and you're wife.
Leigh