Notices

Big BAD news!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Paused

Oh Eddie...I'm sorry to hear about the diabetes, but I'm glad this can now be explained. How bittersweet huh? Take care of yourself.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh! Eddie Sorry to hear re the Diabetes, but better the devil you know than the one you dont.

Hope this sorts things for you with the board

HUGX
Lee
Old 02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you again, LeAnne and Lee!! I await the results of my re-test. Should be negative, of course. They're using a different kind of test that is not supposed to produce false positives. But I am still very anxious and also still somewhat angry though less angry than I was.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(ez)...
you gonna be ok....
Old 02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((eddie z))
Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you too, splendra and Christie!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Eddie, I'm sure sorry to hear about your diabetes. Lee is right though, better to know about the issue than to not know and now if you ever get a false positive on your tests you can give them a reason and they can alter their tests accordingly. My sister has diabetes too and it can be hard to live with but once you figure out how to regulate the insulin/sugar in your system through diet/exercize and/or meds it get's a whole lot easier. Knowledge really is power.

Hang in there! **{hugs}}

Suga
Old 02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well, I am sorry about the diabetes, but I think this is a time to thank the disease of addiction. The false positive "told" on another disease and you are really getting a jump start on an effective course of treatment for it. I may sound like Pollyanna, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. A few days of angst and worry has led to a definative diagnosis and you can move on.
Our Higher Power at work, Eddie! Using the bad to be a good thing!! Hang in there and isn't it wonderful that you knew that this was a possibility. Many not in the medical field, probably could not have explained it!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Suga, again!! It's the diet that's killing me. I eat really badly. Must do better in that arena. I'm afraid they're going to want to put me on more medication, too. I already take 6 prescriptions.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-08-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Dawn!! Thanks!! I am trying to see it as a blessing. Perhaps I will now have the motivation to make the changes I should have made already.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Eddie,

I am so sorry to hear your news. You can work through this that I am sure.

You can and will persevere.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Bob!! I definitely appreciate the encouragement!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Eddie, I am sure glad you found out about this because now you can take care of it. It's upsetting to have to go through all this testing for you though! I hope this gets straightened out soon.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

:ValA015:
Lots of love and hugs headed your way....
Old 02-08-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

eddie-

If you eat better you may not need more meds....start eating "super foods" and it will help bring your blood sugar into balance...

If you want to try a super food try blue-green algae from Klamath Falls get the kind with the cell wall removed if you want to nourish your brain more fully it cost more but it is worth it. But the "walmart" brand is better than none and it is very cheap...and it is much much better than a multi vitamin because it is food not some conglomeration of god only knows what. It has complete essential amino acids,complete essential trace minerals in exactly the most balanced doseage for the human body, essential fatty acids, it is very high in clorophill which supplies antioxident to the cells. Many people use blue-green algae. The people who process it send it to victums of radiation poisoning and to all places where there is fammon it is proven to help these people recover their health because of the completeness of it nutritional value. It is my opinion that it is the most healthy, and balanced thing to add to ones diet. I believe there is something about it that makes you want to eat right. Over the years of my taking it I find that I only feel bad when I have run out of blue-green for over a month. But , hey this is just my opinion..
Old 02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey (((((eddie))))) I had to change my diet and quit smokes, youcan do it, join us in the nicotione forum.

Kevin
Old 02-08-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Eddie, my husband is diabetic (he was dangerously so a few years back). He lost 50 pounds over about 7 months by following a low-carb (carbs are sugar) diet and now only takes one pill a day and his sugar level remains well within the safe zone and his overall health is excellent.

The diet gave him lots and lots to eat, he was never hungry and allowed himself the occasional "treat", just tried to stay under 60 mg of carbs a day. I went on it myself and lost 30 pounds just because I needed to, and it really was the easiest "eating plan" I have ever been on.

My point is, by making a few changes in your lifestyle, you can get this under control and keep it there and be healthy.

I'm sorry you have this, but glad they will now realize what a big boo boo that was.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-08-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Eddie, first off, I want you to know, YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

Second, weight has been a struggle for me, most of my life.

I quit drinking a few times thru the yrs, to work out, and of course, lose weight.

I have been really working at it for almost a year now, I eat SO much better, and I have dropped about 40 lbs now. MAJOR improvement in depression and anxiety!

I run, cycle, swim, hike, and lift. The Catalina Island marathon in March, and a 100 mile cycle to raise money for cancer in June. I have gotten in pretty good shape in the past, but never like this. I'm getting really close to 50 as well.

If I can do it, anybody can, just like this sobriety thing.

Hang tough. We grow from the challenging times.

Oh, and read line one again.

Tom
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Lightbulb

EDDIE

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

If God put's you to this, God will put you thru this

have faith

hugs

chris
Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
To Life!

Eddie;
I don't know if you know but, the doc has me on watch formy sugar. And I just quit smoking too. Going to the gym regularly as a result. Doc says quitting and exercising will probably be enough to level my sugar and keep me off meds.
Kevin's right; come on over to the nicotine forum. You'll get lots of support.
I'm sorry that you've had to deal with this news. But, lifestyle changes can make a huge difference. And believe me, if *I* can do it, you can.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers...

Shalom!