Notices

Need help with withrawl oxycodone/methadone

Old 01-24-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey spoon,,

I was just reading about your sleep problems and I so understand.

I knwo when I was in rehab they occasionally gave people benedryl for sleep. It does help. Might want to give that a shot. I didn't see that you had given that a try. It is non addictive. although anything can become mentally addictive, I believe.

My doctor recently gave me a sample of Sonata.. I haven't taken any, and I don't know that I will. I have many sleep issues, but I am not real comfortable with taking sleep meds. But you might want to give the benedryl a shot??

A funny thing they used to give us at bedtime when we couldn't sleep in rehab also was just plain Tylenol. Regular Tylenol??? I don't know if it was just a mental thing or what, but they did. I suppose I went to sleep, but I don't know if it was from the Tylenol or not.

Have you tried a warm shower 2 hours before bed? Or exercises during the day? That really can help. Or something like the teas they have out? Sleepytime tea? What about reading before bed?

Just some suggestions I don't know if any of it will help, but I do feel for you, since I suffer from sleep probs as well.. I know how nuts it can make you.. LOL..

Hang in there, like Blake said, if nothing else, it will get better with time.

love and lots of prayers,

Becky
Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thanks angelgirl. i went try the detox acupuncture yesterday and i found it to be fairly soothing and relaxing. i did have some sleep issues last night but my doctor recently prescribed me 25mg of zoloft and a 1mg sleep aide called advan? i forget right now. today has been sluggish but better than the last couple of days. as youall have said it just takes time. thanks for all the support.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Glad to hear it's been better today for you spoon....keep on truckin'!

THe ativan may be why your feeling a little sluggish, it is a benzo like xanax and valium.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I tried melitonin too and it never did work for me.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
X IV

Hey spoon,
Just checking to see how it's going. Hope you are doing ok.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry to jump in on this epademic a little late, but I guess that's always been my style. I was about 10 years too late to the program. Anyway, I'm a heroin/oxy addict as well. I was sober for nine months and just relapsed off xanax and a night out drinking (dumb ass!) I'm cool now, anyway, I had the same problem bro. I didn't sleep literally for the first two weeks. I felt that I was going to be insane for the rest of my life. They gave me the same stuff in re-had, amibien, ect........... nothing worked. When I got out I started sleeping in small increments. A little here, a little there, like Blake it was the last withdrawl symptom to stick. I would say right around the 3 month mark I finally started getting a balance in my sleep. 7 hours a night or so. I tried the tylenol pm and the rest of the sleeping agents out there and all it did was mess with my sleep patterns even more. Dude, ride it out is my only suggestion. You'll be alright. The worst is over. The body eventually is required to shut down without sleep. Just let it come naturally. Good Luck

-RockSteady
Old 01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thanks for the info rocksteady. its day 14 and it has been getting better. i seem to sleep better for a little longer. i would highly recommend acupuncture as a aide in recovery, not the one and only method, but an aide. it has helped me a lot.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

day 15 today. i feel about 75% back to normal. just a hardtime falling asleep. the hell time is over. thanks to everyone that supported me! right now im taking zoloft and ativan because i go to sleep. it has helped a lot. hopefully i wont need either to help me sleep!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wink

I am on 100mgs. methadone a day and the longest that i have been without is five days because i was in the hospital. It was pure hell. No sleep, no appitite, body pain, depression, anxiety, and what ever else you can imagine hell being like. Oh, not to mention the body temperature issue. Constintley going between being freezing, sweating, and both ogether. I have heard from people with experience that methadone withdrawel symptoms can last up to six months and you wont feel "right" for possibly a year. Someone that I know was only on 20mgs., and he was sick for two months!! Methadone saved me from possibly committing suicide because i couldnt live through the wds.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

today is day 16 and each day gets better and better. i have been getting some pretty sound sleep every night. i never thought id get a good nights sleep. thanks everyone!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i can proudly say today is day 23 and i feel great!! i get a good nights sleep everynight. my doctor said that methadone is harder to get off of than oxy... is that true?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Spoon,
On day 12 here of a very small 10mg a day for 6 months methadone habit. I feel much better but the insomnia is the sucky part. Blake is so right though. I've only been taking tylenol pm to try to sleep but if you don't fall asleep as soon as you feel yourself "drifting" you will not sleep and it will be worse. I haven't had any muscle spasms or terrible anxiety lately but I notice if I don't fall right asleep when the pm's start to kick in, I wind up having horrible spasms and anxiety all night. I noticed this too before I started taking meth so I assume this will happen regardless of withdrawl or whatever. I think withdrawl just makes it much worse. I can tell you however that everyday is getting much better. I have two young kids and my husband and I both quit cold turkey. No one in our families or any friends knew about it so we didn't get help. We just pushed through and you can too. You have to get up and do something. Just think about it. If you lay around all day and do nothing...your body will have no reason to be tired, so you won't get any sleep. Try to just do a little excersise a day. Even just going outside to sit on the porch really helped my mind. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Just wanted to say congats!!!! I have thirty something days today off methadone!! You are doing it!! I have alot of anxiety still and my nerves are pretty shot...God grant me...you know the saying...!!!!! Do you have nay support there?? Go to meetings?? The accupuncture tsounds great..I just got on a antideppresant last week callend Cymbalta..crazy name huh...hasn't make much of a difference i don't think..but maybe I would be worse..the withdrawal does take a long time..physically and mentally...I am taking it one day at a time myself and it is good to know i am not alone.....love northbelle
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I forgot to add...on the sleep issue..well I have good and bad nights...like riding a rollercoaster...put your hands up in the air and just hang on for the ride I guess!!! Because the other option SUCKS...
Old 02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Northbelle,
My friend takes Cymbalta and she says it is really working. Her daughter is autistic and she is a single mom. She has it pretty hard. I do think it takes a while to kick in so just stick it out. I have a feeling it might do the trick!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Hey guys I wanted to weigh in on this with ya. Ive kindoff avoided the opiate stuff as Im kicking alcohol now. But, But, but, I have been addicted to opiates and its way worse than alcohol in one respect. It takes you down quick and you all know what I mean. Opiates have a different stigma than alcohol in that alcohol is legal and society says its ok. I didnt see to many opiate adds at the superbowl. What I do know is that it goes away and once it does its best to stay away from it. I was addicted for 2 years and I quit nov 28th. I locked myself in the house and didnt move.
I just wanted you guys to know that it will go away and that for me it happend quickly.
I think accupuncture is great and I know it works for a lot of people I used it when I quit cigarettes and it was a lifesaver.
Otherwise a lot of water to flush the poison and keep busy working out or whatever.
Best thing for me was once it was out of my system the withdrawls kept me from going back.
Max
Withdrawls equal== yuk!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

wd

i was tempted at a party to take oxy but i refused. i know methadone is way way worse than oxy. if you were to use it on a weekend basis, would it show significant wds? i never had that problem with alcohol.