Notices

Join Me In A MOMENT OF Silence

Old 11-27-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Why Sharing your feelings is good, no matter how you are reacting.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This just proves to me that not everyone is open-minded and I am glad I am where I AM.....Thanks for you entertainment...

Love Ya
Vic
Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Originally Posted by luckyv2
The reason I started this is because a few of MY friends here at SR have fallen, now I am doing this because I have a heart if you don't like the thread then back OFF>>>>
use caution luckyV if you focus on other people program you run the risk of having the same results. God's plan is never in question. just because you dont like the results means sheet to me. Step 2 & 3.

This is and always will be a selfish program, "your side of the street" step 12 is after step 11. & 10 & 9 etc...

Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Originally Posted by grumpy_b05
Saying a prayer is always good no matter where you are or what you are doing!

I also agree that a f2f meeting is better, but sometimes posting in a forum is the best someone can do at the moment.

Grumpy

Good points both, Grumpy! I'd rather see someone come here and post rather than sit and do nothing at all.....and end up picking up.

You're right too Green, it is the idea, not the actual sharing of the same moment....I took it to mean "as you are passing through, please take a moment of silence to remember those who are still suffering" so that's what I did. I too agree that working a solid program is going to take more than simply coming here, but for some it is all they can do and I am not in a position to judge anyone who's trying. I do find your ES & H helpful and hope you'll continue to stop here and post....all I was saying is that I personally won't judge anyone who makes any type of effort to work on themselves, that is what I meant by to each his own.

Take what you want and leave the rest.....JP
Old 11-27-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if you feel I'm not open-minded, because I am very much so. I wasn't trying to entertain just sharing how I feel. Either way glad you posted.

hugs & laughter
Grumpy
Old 11-27-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Greenbug
use caution luckyV if you focus on other people program you run the risk of having the same results. God's plan is never in question. just because you dont like the results means sheet to me. Step 2 & 3.

This is and always will be a selfish program, "your side of the street" step 12 is after step 11. & 10 & 9 etc...

YOU don't have to tell me what to do you must be right here waiting for a post because I deleted that post and said I was not going to react maybe you need to go to a meeting LMMFAOH>>>>Glad I am where I am atleast I don't get pissed off and if I do like they say in meetings I can start my day over..
Old 11-27-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Dan

Let's say the prayer...
Again
Old 11-27-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Thumbs up

Well said JP & Grumpy,

I mean no ill will towards anyone, especially you Vic.

A moment of silence is done at every meeting, and I hope that we all share that moment at that time. I do wonder when someone asks me to share a moment on here if they are going to meetings? I don't spend to much time on it but that my thinking. I read a post and comment on my gut feeling, that what I have always done and always will. Honesty is always the best policy. Thats just my HONEST opinion. So if I see or hear BS, I call BS. I don't take much heed to these 90 day wonders on here. If I don't keep saying what has worked for me for over 8 years I am not sharing my experience. I would love to see these people sustain long term recovery.

My experience, strength & hope all takes place in the rooms of AA.

Peace,

~GB

back to football......
Old 11-27-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

luckyv2
Doing What Is Right

Join Me In A MOMENT OF Silence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would everyone please join me in a moment of silence for the still suffering alcoholic/addict/co-dependent/etc/etc followed by the WE version of the serenity Prayer........

GOD

Grant US the Serenity...To accept the things WE can not change....The courage to change the things WE can (I always say The courage to change the things that need changing) and the Wisdom to know the difference...

AMEN

God be with those who are still suffering and keep your angels wrapped around them, protect them, and PLEASE send a messenger there way to let them know there is a different way to live..

Love Vic

PS add on KEEP COMING BACK it works if you work it so WORK it your worth it
Old 11-27-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Originally Posted by Dan
Let's say the prayer...
Again

+5

Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I would be happy to join anyone in a moment of silence for all the suffering addicts in and out of this forum.

Thank you.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

With all the negativity and bickering around here, not sure I really want to pray for anyone but myself..
Old 11-27-2005, 12:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by mp1970
With all the negativity and bickering around here, not sure I really want to pray for anyone but myself..
That was not my intentions at all sorry I even started it...I do go to meetings everyday, OH well bye

Vic
Old 11-27-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Paused

I
dont take much hede to these 90 day wonders on here.
Ummm...we all start at day 1 and work our way up. People need to figure things out for themselves. You can pound it into their heads all you want and they still will do it their way. I agree with you, meetings and steps are what got me sober. The only thing that got me sober. However, certain approaches just make people angry and turn them off. I know it is hard to listen to the same old BS and relapses. You learn to allow people to do their thing. They are going to anyway. If they really want recovery, they will go out and get it. If they don't, they will learn the hard way. That has been my ES&H. I cannot force my beliefs on anybody. No matter how much I believe them to be true.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Chy

I think it was a nice gesture to just take a moment a time in your day no matter where or when you see this to remember those still suffering. I do it in my meetings and I do it at the times when my HP nudges me to do so no matter where I am, what time it is who is with me.

As a family SR finds ways to share recovery no matter who is there or who agrees or who will listen. 99% of us have never met each other but the majority of us gives genuine care, support and ESH in sharing, no matter how different it appears to your preffered program of recovery and not all use the AA method.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

After reading what Greenbug wrote, I sure as hell do not want to go to aa now, I don't want to turn out like that in my recovery, I was referred here by a friend and I don't understand why she likes it, I know after reading this I won't come back here. I don't know what kind of "program" some people are working here.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by mp1970
After reading what Greenbug wrote, I sure as hell do not want to go to aa now, I don't want to turn out like that in my recovery, I was referred here by a friend and I don't understand why she likes it, I know after reading this I won't come back here. I don't know what kind of "program" some people are working here.
Please MP1970 don't let this keep you from coming back here It takes all sorts of people to make the world go around and we can LEARN from everyone.

Love Vic
Old 11-27-2005, 01:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I can't speak for others only for myself. Posting is away to share with others how you are feeling weather you agree or not is your own feelings. I am thankful to each and every person who has posted today. No matter if what they said was right, wrong, or indifferent it was how they felt.
I'm sorry you won't come back, you will be missing out on a lot of wonderful people and there feelings.
I hope you find your place in recovery.

Grumpy
Old 11-27-2005, 01:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Paused

Please don't judge AA or SR by a few posts that you have read. You will be limiting your recovery if you do. There are wonderful people here and in the rooms of AA.