Notices

No motivation

Old 12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Good Morning all...

I actually think that I will be able to get the christmas cards out this years, before I get all of the decorations halled up from the basement,, Ewww, that just doesn't even sound like fun. But I so love Christmas decorations. Just the work involved,, LOL.. Not that..

But I must tell you all, I have been really excited!!! I have gotten out and walked, the last 3 nights in a ROW!!!! That is so exciting,, I am so happy about that. I used to walk a minimum of 2 miles, 4-6 nights a week, and that was while I worked full-time, shift work, 12 hour shifts at that.!!! What a different person I have become,, That bothers me.. But I am at least headed in the right direction, I hope.. I have walked the last 3 nights, not as far as I used to of course, because it has been a couple of years, ,,, but, that is ok, it's a start.,, and I must say, I made it further than I thought. Plus, I may have gone further, if it weren't so cold (wisconsin -winters), night( very dark, lots of weird things have been going on around my area lately, a couple murders, and a couple missing women, scarey!!), but I am no good about walking during the day, I have ALWAYS walked at night, but I used to walk with my German Shepard, and my pepper spray, but, my baby had to be put to sleep, and I can't find my pepper spray,, I have a springer spaniel that I walk with, but she is pretty fat, and needs the excercise, but definately could be of NO help to me, if I needed any.. LOL.. Anyway, I have walked.. Yeah..

Otherwise I have sooo much to do, and am not getting what I need to done. But I am getting some things done.

Kind of funny though, I also checked out that Flylady website, and got all pumped up, and I got out my notebook, and wrote out an entire schedule for the week, and after that I turned the page,, and haven't looked at it since, LOL.. Not really funny, but kind of.. Might as well laugh.. It was a good plan, that surly doesn't get me up and moving though.. But still, it gave me great ideas, and I'm sure, eventually I will go back to it.

Thanks for listening..
Love ya all,
Becky
Old 12-02-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
whispertome

I am new to this site.Only my second day checking it out and i find all these people that are struggeling with what is my biggest butt kicker right, motivation. i can relate to so much that i have read. i cant say that it makes me feel better that i am not alone but maybe when i get better at writing about how im feeling i can come back and explain myself better. i just felt like i had to try.

thanks
kim
Old 12-02-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I have started rollerblading, at least every other day. I walk on my days that I'm not rollerblading.

It is raining today and no way will I walk in the rain, and I can't rollerblade. Now I'm bummed out. Never thought I'd be disappointed I can't exercise!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

What a great thread. I wish I would have found it before. It's good to know that I am not alone. Sending Christmas cards out is a splendid plan. Think I will work on that today.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I forgot about this thread. Was thinking a couple of days ago that I had to be the most worthless wife and mother. I don't even get up and see my daughter before she goes to school and my mom picks her up in the afternoon to bring her home! I don't work, don't clean, I have a pile of laundry in the hall and my excuse for not doing it is because it is Friday so they don't need anything for work or school tomorrow. I think I had more motivation when I was loaded. I hate that we are all like this but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I am going to try and get some cleaning done tonight it is my day 4 for both being clean and sober and also nicotene free and the first 3 days all I wanted to do was sleep, eat and sleep some more. Now today I have a bunch a nervous energy to burn! Plus Sunday is my only day off and I don't want to have to spend it cleaning or in a messy house! I'm going to try to get out some Christmas decorations tonight too. Lets see it is 3:00 and I have until 11:00 when my bf gets home from work. I want to see how much I can accomplish between now and then! Anything I get done will be better than nothing! If I can just force myself away from this computer....................
Old 12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Originally Posted by raerob
That gave me a little chuckle, Shutterbug...last year, I was so lacking in motivation I more-or-less cancelled Christmas "Bah, Humbug!"...and, continued through St. Patrick's Day and Easter!!! I was in a bad way, because I always enjoyed decorating for every holiday.
Raerob....my favorite saying last year (and probably this year too) was "Merry Grinchmas!"

Have a Merry Grinchy Christmas everyone!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopealwayz
Does exercise help at all in building motivation?
I don't necessarily know about it helping with motivation, but I know it helps with energy and better sleeping (which then leads to even more energy)...which to me goes hand in hand with motivation!

There's tons of info out there about how energizing excersize is and how it helps with depression b/c it causes those "good feeling" endorphines to be released within the body.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angelgirl
Kind of funny though, I also checked out that Flylady website, and got all pumped up, and I got out my notebook, and wrote out an entire schedule for the week, and after that I turned the page,, and haven't looked at it since, LOL.. Not really funny, but kind of.. Might as well laugh.. It was a good plan, that surly doesn't get me up and moving though.. But still, it gave me great ideas, and I'm sure, eventually I will go back to it.
Becky....sign up for the e-mail. I get about 20 a day and even though I usually tuck them all into their own folder....they serve as reminders to me of the "good" kinds of things I can do for myself.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by na4today
Was thinking a couple of days ago that I had to be the most worthless wife and mother.
Like for me my dear....that stink'n think'n is NO GOOD for you!

You are human! Give yourself a break. It's OKAY not to be superwoman b/c none of us are (even those who look like they are).

Remember: "Progress NOT perfection"

hugs
Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Five
Its easier to do things than not to do them!

I've heard this kind of thing said before. And there's some truth to it, I believe. Putting off your responsibilities just makes you feel worse and worse.

I often have a lack of motivation...and every so often I realize all the things I need to do, like the bills unpaid, calls unreturned, jobs not investigated (been mostly unemployed for so long). But those days when I have the wherewithal to make a list for myself, clean up, or do some exercise---those are such great days, and I feel so much better about meself.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grrr.....felt slighty sick all day yesterday. Managed to make it to church and the store and nothing else. i mean NOTHING! Wanted to get a Christmas tree and clean house while the bf was at work and suprise him, all I did was sleep and veg out on the couch. Back to work again today for me, we lost our Monday girl, now I'm on 6 days a week from now till 4ever. Oh well, it keeps me honest, I guess. Keeps $$$ in my pocket too! I get to spend it all Tuesdazy for my college classes, then in January, I'll be working 6 days a week and school 3 nights a week! No rest for the weary, right! Hey, today is (drumroll, please........) DAY 7, yep count 'em 7 without drugs, alcohol or ciggies! Woo- hoo! I rock!
Had to do a little bragging there, kids! Have a great Monday everyone!
~EG~
Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ethereal Girl.....WOW....way to go! No drugs or booze AND NO CIGS!!!! You are a super strong woman. Keep up the excellent work. You go girl. And don't feel bad about the day you had yesterday....at least you got out of the house. Sometimes I go many days without getting out of the house and many days where if I can make myself fix a sandwhich and go pee before the time my bladder's about to explode then I'm doing good. Hang in there. We all deserve "veggie" days! Should be a regular part of the 7 basic days. I say....if you work 6 and veg 1....then You ROCK!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Oh...hey guys....I actually got 21 Christmas cards put together to be dropped in the mail!!!! That's the first time I've done that....hummmmm....EVER!!!!!!!!!

Tonight's agenda.....Christmas tree wrangling.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

hey shutterbug, WTG on those Christmas cards! I haven't done Christmas cards in years, but I always feel guilty for not doing them. Good luck with the tree, let us know when it's up. Day 7 today! Worked, napped, and I did manage to brush out the toilet bowl, lol. It was yuckky!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I actually got out of bed at 7:30 this morning to tell my daughter bye and went to the store for food and cooked dinner!! Haven't cleaned the kitchen yet but I'm getting there.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yeah.....NA4today!! You go girl.

Ethereal girl....ewwwwww....toilet bowl cleaning!! I hate it. I've learned that if you pour a bunch of bleach in it and let it sit for a while....it practically cleans itself!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

no tree yet...

too busy sleeping all day and night...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ah, thats OK shutterbug! No tree here yet either. Sooner or later......
Sleep is good, I like sleep! I think I'm kind of getting a little insomnia now though, 8 days in today! Still haven't touched a ciggie either, but LOTS of chocolate!
Tomorrow is a new day!
~EG~
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work!