Notices

Brand new

Old 10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I really respect your courage to quit today.

Bravo to you!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb Hi and

Welcome to SR!

If you are having withdrawal symptoms...

drink a lot of water....OJ+honey is also good.
Asporom for aches...hard candy for shakes
cut out caffeine...eat a soft diet.

Sleeping might be a problem....simply rest

The surreal feeling is normal....I thought of it as my soul drying out! It is short term.

See you later....Blessings
Old 11-01-2005, 02:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Joelby,
Just wanted to jump in and welcome you, too!
I've always wanted to travel to Australia too, sounds like a great goal!

Hugs,
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Joelby--Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. I know it seems like there is no way anyone has ever experienced what you are experiencing, and that you are all alone. Please know you are NOT alone. Most of us have been right where you are, and some are still there. I might suggest reading some of the stories posted in the "Your Recovery Story" forum. It will help keep your mind occupied and also help show you that people really do understand. I hope you rested last night. Hang in there....

Hugs--
Old 11-01-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's now been two and a half days of sobriety. I'm amazed at how keeping a journal and staying on SR has helped!!!! What scares me is that I seem to be consumed with thinking about this. I can't concentrate on anything else. My husband keeps trying to suggest things to do, study for my class I'm taking, organize closets, etc. Things I've been meaning to do forever. Maybe that is the difference between a man and woman or an addict and someone who will never understand this. He seems to think this is supposed to be cured overnight now that I've admitted it. I'm not quite sure how to handle that. I know he's only trying to help me get my mind off of it...is it normal to be consumed in this, it takes every ounce of energy I have. I'm either reading about it, writing about it or thinking about it....
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

organizing the closet sounds like a good idea for me too...ive been meaning to do it for the past month!!! Hang in there...Hey im from Kenosha...i dont know how far from there madison is but if its not too far and you wanna go to a meeting with me i go to the ones at club break away...the schedule is on the internet somewhere...i forgot the site but i know thats how i found it....much love flying your way and keep your kead up...
Old 11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Welcome to SR and congrats on your decision. I hope that you continue on this path as you enter treatment and learn more everyday!
I have to echo everyone else here...you are NOT alone, nor do you ever have to be! It's so hard in the beginning, but I believe anyone can get through it as long as they have enough willingness to do whatever it takes to stay sober.
I use this site, and I also attend AA meetings, which are my life line in this process. Not only am I staying sober, I'm experiencing more peace and happiness I think I ever have in my life. All of it is due to the time and work that it requires for the 12 steps. It isn't easy, but it's sure worth it!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Danielle
Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think Kenosha is about an hour and a half, we'll keep in touch, isn't there a big outlet mall there, too? A meeting sounds like a good idea...I used to hate to shop (they don't have bars in the malls), maybe I'll have to take a trip down there and give it a shot (the shopping and the meeting.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I think it is very normal to be so consumed by recovery in the early days. It is important to remember what you are doing and why. As far as your husband not understanding, I would suggest that he give Al-anon a try. It has helped a lot of people.

Congratulations on acheiving a couple of days of sobriety!!!! Keep on keepin' on!

Hugs--
Old 11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Joelby,
I am glad that you found us here at SR. Stick around!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Joelby,

Just checking to see how you are doing and I am happy to see you have a couple of days!

Look at the thread called "Scared" on Newcomers. You two might be able to help one another...

Old 11-02-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Also Joelby, hop on over to a thread called "Don't Quit". It is a clubhouse of sorts for many of us who have been around for a while on SR. I just added you to our "bus"!

Hugs,
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Joelby. I am new to this website and wanted to congratulate on three and a half days of sobriety. Gianna recommended that I read your threads and I am glad I did. If you have a minute, view my threads in the "Newcomers" section. I am the spouse of an A and have expressed similar feelings as your husband. It is interesting to read your viewpoint because it helps me realize where I can change and what I should or shouldn't do in the future. I don't want to intefere with my H's recovery, but I am so frustrated and hurt by what has transpired over the last year. I would appreciate your insight on the threads that I have posted so I can appreciate how my H is feeling. Thanks