Notices

Nothing to celebrate

Old 10-18-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Nothing to celebrate

Its one of those days, just up, nothing to celebrate, nothing good or bad happen, its a day that is easy to miss or turn into a bad day.

Actually, its a day full of miracles. Here I am alive and feeling well, thats a miracle. All of the life around me is also a miracle. When I come in here I am surrounded by miracles as I am when I go to a meeting.

I was at a meeting yesterday and a guy was talking about his "insanity", I had heard many people talk about it before, but yesterday I fnally heard it and realsied that my insanity made me the same as everyone in that room and I was not different and not alone, what a great relief that is.

Talking of being alone, all my life I have felt a big hole somewhere around my stomach that I called lonliness, over the last 5 months that hole has diminished, it is still there some days and yesterday I realised it was not filled up with other people in my life but was being healed and filled as I get to know and love myself.

So how are you travelling today?

Love Kevin
Old 10-18-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No more hostages

Hey Kevin...

I am traveling with a half FULL tank today...
trying to move forward. Not a bad day, not a great day, but most certainly not a day like i used to have...
i am sober today... i have not picked up a beer...(they sit calling me from the fridge)... i think today i will travel without them...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey amy,

Days that feel so naff, are really just an illusion, like a veil that hides or obscures the wonder of life.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Days like that are a reminder that nothing worth experiencing comes to me without some kind of effort, mental and spiritual.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

yep Dan its all too easy to fall into familiar patterns of thinking and your right, it takes an effort on all levels to change that.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Nogard,
Traveling easy today. Started to get up to warp speed this am on as per usual NON issues so slowed down and took a time out for some gratitude.

Thanks for the post, as you said "...it is a day full of miracles"
Old 10-18-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A day full of miracles it is.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

my heart took a lurch when I read your header...lol

and then I found the jewel inside..
blessings on your efforts Nogard...
and every day is worth celebrating... ;o)

and ummm...
don't try to hide your gleeful delight eh...
cause it ain't workin...
Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Nice turn of the thread title there. I'm exactly the same. In meetings, the topic sometimes is totally ho-hum, then someone says something and there is hope and I get something from it.

Just now I need to call someone to delay a much-anticipated client meeting. She was reaching for the phone to call me. Her newborn son was getting his diaper changed and did doo-doo all over her carpet.

Sometimes my problems seem small in comparison to what they could be. I'm glad to be sober and clean today!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Kevin)))))

Miracles yes they are all around us, but it truely is up to us to open our eyes to all things and say it might even be a miracle just to be able to feel that (empty hole) loneliness....For so long we used to cover it us so today it is a miracle just to feel that hole and fell it deminish....

Love Vic
Old 10-19-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Her newborn son was getting his diaper changed and did doo-doo all over her carpet.

lolol...
nice.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say "hi".

It's been six months for me and that is a miracle! I'm excited to find this site and I might need some help with it from time to time. Thanks to all of you for sharing, I've been having some tired days and getting to a meeting doesn't always work. I have two jobs and this is a beautiful alternative when I know that I need the tables! So a Big Thanks to all that post here!!!!!!

My posting may be irregular and I would love to share and chat, but I'm at the mercy of the public library's computer at this time. I look forward to getting to know you guys and sharing my hopes and struggles.

What's been working for me is one day at a time and going to meetings. On my bad days, I repeatedly tell myself to "avoid the first drink". It's working, but I know that I will need more. Step 3 is proving to be quite difficult! My self will is a stubborn character defect! Any suggestions?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

There are countless miracles every day. They are always there, sometimes our thinking makes them difficult to see. Sobriety is a miracle. Having a solution is a miracle and knowing no matter what it is I have to face today or tomorrow, I can get through it sober. When you take a walk on the darkside, then are able to see the light again, that is definitely a miracle in itself.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hey Kevin
travelling???
upward, onward and forward
no reverse for this gal today
thought i was doing fine in 5th gear...then i stalled
once stalled i got stuck in reverse.....
1st, 2nd and 3rd is safe for me today

244me...welcome to SR and congrats on 6 months!!!!!
awesome
stay safe and smilin'
hugs, Wendy
Old 10-19-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
it might even be a miracle just to be able to feel that (empty hole) loneliness....
Loneliness is a miracle that I am grateful for, because it motivates me to seek out friendships and camaraderie, in much the same way that pain might motivate you to remove your hand from a hot stove.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey bikewench, your right of course

Thanks roadie

Of course Vic. I spent much energy cover that hole and then falling into it, just for me its a blessing that I am finally getting to know myself

Hi 244me, welcome to SR and congrats

Yep 2dayz and its not like its suddenly all roses.

Hey wantneeda, glad you doing ok

Thanks subliminalurge.

Kevin