Notices

reaching out before I use

Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bfree4u
The proof is in my grades. Deans list almost every semester. Not one of my professors would ever guess the problems I have. Inducted into the anthropological honors society, all when drinking. Now it just took me 6 hours to answer7 questions, not even 2 pages worth of typing. I am not letting my GPA go down if all it takes are a few bers to get me by. I am thinking I should just finish school the way I have been going, and then finding some type of treatment. Then when I come out I will be clean and have my BA. I don't know what to do, I really don't. I accepted the fact that I am an alcoholic a long time ago, I have a propensity for drinking. Is it good for me , probably not, but look how many people have over eaten themselves into obesity, and diabetes II, how many people smoke, or drink coffee.. coffee is a drug also. I am probably not thinking clearly, and I am extremely angry today. Or atleast the addict in me is very angry today.
Sounds to me like you got the good grades IN SPITE of your drinking. Not BECAUSE. Im confused.........you say if it kills you,..so be it.....I dont get that statement. If drinking kills you,...then what good will any of these good grades be? You're getting good grades so your quality of life will be good. But you say you cant GET the good grades unless you drink yourself to death. ????? That IS quite the pickle.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bfree4u
I had six days of sobriety, and then I fell, so I was upset about that, but I am back to day 2, and will keep trying.
Are you willing to do whatever it takes? Looks to me like it would make sense to see that you cannot do this on your own. Why not go into treatment? There IS no excuse good enough to argue why treatment is not a possibility. You can be state funded, ..so no insurance isnt an issue. Attending school isnt a good reason because, face it,....what good is an education if you get fired for being loaded at work? Or you drink yourself to death? Or die in a car crash? Or kill someone else on the road? Your "career" wont be worth spit if you arent sober.