Notices

Need a little encouragement...............

Old 09-03-2005, 12:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a little encouragement...............

I really want to do well and succeed in school this semester. But, I have a few (or half the week) of school this past week and I am behind. I am so scared that by being behind, I am going to start failing.

School just started so I can catch up a little easier, but I am frustrated and need the motivation.

I'm also behind in my calculus class which is deadly when that happens.

This is the beginning of the semester and haven't screwed it up yet, but if I keep on, I will fail at it. There is time for me to get things straight, but it will be rough.

I made a mistake today by ditching a whole day of classes: stupid reason. I was driving to school and tears just started flowing from my eyes and my heart was hurting. I had just told my guy friend that I couldn't be around him anymore. I wasn't going to school crying so I drove to my families' house.

I want to do well in school but I am already making poor choices. I have to change things but will my rough beginning cause me to have a bad semester of college??????????????????
Old 09-03-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hang in there
don't project that you will fail.
You have time to catch up, don't be so hard on yourself'
stay in the moment Cheryl,
you're not at the end of the semester yet. Don't concern yourself with the future, but with today. Do what you can today. then tomorrow do what you can for that day.
feel the fear...and do it anyway
have some faith in yourself, i have faith in you
hugs, Wendy
Old 09-03-2005, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
is all I need

I was in your situation last semester... How many classes are you taking? Maybe you could lessen the load and drop a class while you can (and get a W instead of an F)? That's what I did, and in retrospect am glad...

Focusing on school helps take your mind off other more negative things, which is GOOD.. .You can do this!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

If I stay off the computer and do what I should be doing, my second class should have me on schedule. Priorities...play on line or do what I should?
No computer for me till Tuesday night. I don't like the idea of having to pay twice for a course or for taking a course twice. Pay a little now (time) or pay double later (time and money)
Old 09-03-2005, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am taking 12 hours and I can't drop anything because of financial aid. I am paying rent out of student loans and I would have to pay the money that I've spent back.

I have messed up in school before because I wouldn't study and then would miss class a lot. When I would get a grade back, I'd promise myself to work harder next time but I never did. I really never learned. But I learned that I want to do things differently.

I am paying for this education and I want to do the best I can. I relapsed last week and school suffered. I was up all night Wed and couldn't make Thursday math class. And Friday, I was so upset over my friend hurting me that I didn't go to class. Not only am I letting the drugs hurt me, but also letting a guy get me messed up from my goals. I cannot let him get to me and get me so upset. I gotta change my reaction.

I want to do well in school. Does anyone have any tips? I am learning this all over again. I want to avoid the trap of falling behind in school and never catching up.

Thanks for telling me that I still have time to catch up! Big psychology quiz on Wednesday and Test 1 on Friday. One thing at a time...