Notices

Someone Help, Please...

Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
is all I need

Exclamation Someone Help, Please...

I made a thread and had NO IDEA where to put it... I think it's in the wrong place as it's not getting any views.. I went to edit/delete it and found that I can't do so, so I'm posting this here with a link to the thread hoping someone sees it and can help...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68966
Someone, anyone... This has become a MAJOR problem and I'm literally becoming ILL because of it..
Old 08-29-2005, 12:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Originally Posted by Closure
I made a thread and had NO IDEA where to put it... I think it's in the wrong place as it's not getting any views.. I went to edit/delete it and found that I can't do so, so I'm posting this here with a link to the thread hoping someone sees it and can help...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68966
Someone, anyone... This has become a MAJOR problem and I'm literally becoming ILL because of it..
Hey Closure. You did put it in the substance abuse category. From the gist of your post, that's what it's regarding (side effects from treatment anyway). The forum won't let you edit a post after about 30 minutes or so. You might actually want to pose your question for a pharmacist. Walgreens website has a pharmacist on staff nearly 24/7 at this toll free number: (877) 250-5823.

Your post has had about 16 views. If you think it should be moved, send a PM to one of the moderators. They can relocate the post. Hope this helps!

Old 08-29-2005, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
is all I need

Well when I talked to the Dr he prescribed the Zelnorm, which is NOT working.. I did call and talk to the pharmacist and he said "any laxative will get the job done". :GRR: I was kind of hoping someone here who's taken Suboxone had this problem also, and could advise me as to what worked well for them.. Thanks for the reply though Midas, I do appreciate it
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for. I'll bet you $20 you talked to Pete, Rph. Plan B: send Chy a private message. She might have other suggestions.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keep On Keepin' On....

I know that I have gone through this problem while I was using oxycontin heavily. Here's what we did. Kurt (hubby) went out and bought prunes, the fiber drink junk, metamucil or something like that, and dates. All of those things have fiber in them. He had me drinking 3 glasses of the fiber (which will NOT interact with your drugs as it is something that naturally occurs in the food we eat anyways...so it won't interact any more than a piece of bread would) throughout the day, and then I had to eat like 1/2 cup of prunes and 1/2 cup of date before bedtime. Within one day (so the following morning) the problem was solved!! Then we went down to two glasses of fiber a day and still with the dates/prunes at night.
This also had the added benefit (though I thought it a curse at the time) of forcing Kurt to realize how bad things had actually gotten with my addiction that first time. He got me help that first time, detoxing me and taking time off of work to stay home and basically take care of me. We are back there again today, due to a relapse after nearly a year of soberiety...and yes...I been back to this problem too. It's amazing how much we torture our bodies, isn't it?
I'm just so grateful that you are trying to get the help you need...and in my life, I'm so grateful for a sponser and a hubby that never fail to give me the help I need. I'm also thankful today that I have a hubby that has a job that allows him to take time off and help me, and a heart that wants to help me more than anything else in this world. I am also thankful for Copper today. (Don't ask!)
Keep trucking, my dear, and keep thanking HP for the things you do have today. The more positive you think, the more positive your life becomes! On the bright side, when you tell your story later on at a meeting, or whatever, you will be able to literally say you were full of it when you came into recovery

Best of luck!

Michelle.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Closure...

Here is some information around the symptom....

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise.../constipation/

it's a complicated issue... fixable though... but.. it has to be worked at from several fronts...

Water and fibre are the ongoing answer...

Your probably not gonna like this... but.. it sounds like you might have an impaction... and there's only one way outa that that I know of...

Constipation may also cause hard stool to pack the intestine and rectum so tightly that the normal pushing action of the colon is not enough to expel the stool. This condition, called fecal impaction, occurs most often in children and older adults. An impaction can be softened with mineral oil taken by mouth and by an enema. After softening the impaction, the doctor may break up and remove part of the hardened stool by inserting one or two fingers into the anus.

..worse case scenario... but... reality none the less....

good luck
Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by bikewench
the doctor may break up and remove part of the hardened stool by inserting one or two fingers into the anus.
This...

...I did not need to know.

Clearly, one of the lesser-talked-about consequences of addiction!