Notices

Starting over again...

Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over again...

I relapsed last night. I'm so hurt and I just feel very frustrated with myself. I can't understand why I made the decision to pick up.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

(((((((((Cheryl)))))))))

The most important thing to do is, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. It's when you stop trying that you have a bigger problem. I'm sure everyone has relapsed and although it's an experience where you feel the guilt and shame...TODAY is just that...Another DAY to celebrate a clean and sober experience.

YOU are WORTH IT Cheryl. Praying for you for strength and sending happy little thoughts your way.

All my love
Pearl

(I relapsed more times than I can remember)
Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Cheryl))))),
Just like you said in your title, start over again. You don't have to KEEP using, you know? Get to a meeting, talk to people, and Just for Today, don't use again, OK? I've missed you and I'm glad you're back!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-07-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cheryl,

I am sorry that it happened to you. But it was just one day, and you can beat this. Above all things don't let it go to two days and then three. That has happened to me and it makes it all the more difficult to start over. I'll bet you will hardly even notice it in the long run. Consider it a burb or something. Keep posting and talking to people, you are a good person.

Love,

Marilyn
Old 06-07-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Cheryl,
Its fine to start over again. We are so proud that you decided to do so. Relapse is not failure, at least in my book. Failure is when you don’t start over, and you give in to the addiction. Welcome back, you can be successful at this, one day at a time.

I am so glad you could admit it, not sure if I could or would. It took me 37 years to admit it the first time. PM me anytime that you want to talk. Your sweet personality, and kind heart brightens my day everytime.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am sorry for your set back.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome back! Keep the faith. Prayers, Trish
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back! For some of us sobriety is a process and not a single event...glad you're back and talking about it.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Watching babies learning to walk--literally-- is interesting. They take a few tentative steps, sometimes get excited and then fall down. Sometimes they just look stunned, sometimes they cry. But, they always get up and try again. We can do the same in recovery. Get back up and try again. And use this as an opportunity to explore the literature and begin to see how powerless we truly are against the first drink/hit/whatever, our defense has to come from a Higher Power. We connect with the power by working the steps and staying sober/clean for one minute at a time. Press on--it's worth it. Blessings, Queenshenique
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((Angelhugs))
I know the feeling. But today is a new day. Use this experience to remind yourself in the future that it just isn't worth it. Don't beat yourself up about a relapse. Just move forward!!!! You are worth sobriety!!!

Kathy
Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Hi (((Angelhugs)))

Brush yourself off and get back right up on that horse. Glad to see you're coming back to give it another go.

- Greg
Old 06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

I can't understand why I made the decision to pick up.
Well.....It is probably because you are an addict. The miracle is when we don't pick up. This is a minor setback, unless you let it be more. As others have said, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get your butt to a meeting, and don't be too hard on yourself. Try to concentrate on the time you stayed clean. We're here for you hon'!

Hugs--
Old 06-07-2005, 02:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone! I'm picking myself back up and am going to keep walking forward. I can't be perfect so I can't be so hard on myself. It was just a lapse in what I knew to be the right thing at the moment. I just let myself go with those thoughts and didn't fight. But, this was one night and I didn't let it keep going.

I'm fighting this monster and the battle isn't easy at all, but I watch people winning, and this inspires me to keep on going.

I'm glad that I made it back--

Lots of love--
Old 06-07-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You go, girl!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for helping me see the light thru all of this.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Cheryl !!! Hey girl !! You are going to be fine. You have to be you are a big part of my rainbow !!! I nearly slipped Sunday night . I stayed at a hotel ( me and Kip was fighting)
And i wanted a drink sooo bad but I don't know if one of the rooms next to me rented it or what but the movie Loosing Isaih came on the tv in my room and I wound up watching that it was almost like it was a sign from my mom or something. But girl I really really wanted a drink !!
Stay with me here ok?
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

Sleep well

(((((ANGELHUGS)))))

Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey I went to send my post and everything disappeared...sigh.........

I'm tired so I don't think I can write it again.

I slept all day and it is bedtime here so I'm going back to sleep. I was up all last night so I need the rest BAD.

I still feel really bad too.......like my body has been ran over by a HUGE truck....what an icky feeling..............................

Hey Carrie, I'm so glad that you did not take that drink. I know you were glad too! you got to enjoy the movie!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You KNOW you're always welcome, Cheryl!! And next time you face that choice to pick up or not, remember that "icky feeling," OK? You don't ever have to go through this again!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Eddie!!

How have ya been doing today? You have to let me now how the round-up goes. I am sure you all are gonna have fun.