# 41 (permalink)  

Count me in for another sober weekend
(thanks Sao!)

Congrats on 5 years Reid!

Have a good day Weekenders!
Old 05-10-2024, 05:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I agree Ogs…and I’m surprised that my primary didn’t request for the test to be an O/N fast. (Love my McDonald’s fries. So greasy and good especially when they’re hot).
Congratulations on day 585 Runner!
Bravo on five years Reid!
Least I hope that you slept well last night and that your nausea is under control?
Today is day 120. 😊
Old 05-10-2024, 07:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober going into the weekend with no desire to drink. ODAAT.
Grateful for a sunny, warm day, almost a little too warm.
Glad to be able to have a low key day and I can rest. It surprises me how much that tooth extraction took out of me.
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to you all
Old 05-10-2024, 09:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 5 years Reid!

I hope the extraction pain has eased a bit today Aly.

FRIDAY.

Ladies and gentlemen Heeeeeeeeere's Grace! (and an Ian McShane intro)

Old 05-10-2024, 10:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Aly I hope that you’re feeling better! Rest up and make sure to stay hydrated.
Hi CK!
Old 05-10-2024, 11:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Volunteer Greeter

Congrats Reid 5 years sober!

Sao, I hope you can find creative diet foods. I am contemplating the same thing, more veggies.

Leshar, remember you are precious soul available to anybody wise and receptive of your wonderfulness. Their loss, not yours. Don't let the self-critic take up any space in your skull. You are fantastic as you are.

PJ, I had some multicolor patchwork suede shoes like these shoes for the gals. Did not find the mens version
There were Mods and Rockers fashion in my high school. I was a Mod with my bellbottom's and platform shoes.
Rock & Roll Ready Boyo

Aly good you have recouped from the tooth carpenter experience.

Peke, I am impressed by the work your doing to reinforce your sobriety <--- all 10s. The guy on the end needs glasses sheesh.

Olgs, good nutrition is something I too need to watch. Good you see a need for some good behavior around food.

Least, sending some good sleep vibrations your way. I have my own issues with sleep. Give your fur family a treat from me.

Mags, enjoy the weather while it last. Who leads who on your dog walks? Alphie maybe Jellies can be a tad stingy if you don't watch out. I body surfed into a fat one one summer day. Its like a 100 bee stings at once. Vinegar can help with the pain. The kids cry for long time when hit by Jellies. Lifeguards have the topical pain spray and vinegar if you are really hurting. Australia has the nasty small Jellie with killer sting. Nothing lethal like those little bastards here.

Hey everybody else

I awoke in the middle of the night with a hellbender panic attack. First one in many months, so there not often but WOW! what a doozie tho. Sat up for 15 - 20 minutes to let it pass as they all pass. All go to go here. My old self would have grabbed the bottle to medicate my panic attack. I would be soused now Thank my Lucky Stars and recovery I feel great right now, ready to get it on today.

See ya all latter, have a rocking good day.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good evening Weekenders!

It's a lovely mid-Spring evening here. Quite warm (by UK standards) at 18c (64F) and just starting to get dark now. Tonight there's a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights as the most powerful solar storm in 20 years is set to hit. All of the north east coast in England and eastern coast in Scotland has a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights in the early hours of Saturday morning. I've seen them before though nothing as spectacular as this which was pictured 40 miles north of me last November

The above is Dunstanburgh Castle in Alnwick, which was built between 1312 and 1322.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunstanburgh_Castle

I'm hoping we have clear skies. Something like the above would be amazing.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

this morning, South Aust. Not my pic.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:39 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wow PJ, that looks excellent! I had to look up the name, is this the Aurora Australis? That seems to be the name of what you get in the southern hemisphere, the northern equivalent being the Aurora Borealis, which I'm hoping to see in an hour or two.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:57 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
The Dog

I got a good sleep today except I had to dream I drank. In the dream I chose to drink vodka so I wouldn't drink a lot because I never was a vodka drinker. Then I woke up feeling like I had drank. After 300 days they don't come often but I hate the dreams where I drink. I also hate the fact that some days I can only sleep 4-5 hours. Then on the day where I have tonight off and would be happy with only 4 hours of sleep I sleep a solid 8 hours. At least I did that with no sleep aid pills. I have decided it is time to do away with them completely.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Zen, thank you so much for your kind words. I was feeling quite low today and indeed ruminating on the experience. But you are correct. I need to ban the inner critic and listen to my inner coach. I'm so sorry that you had a bad panic attack. Thanks for the song, I love it! It's on my playlist!
Old 05-10-2024, 11:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 311 ODAAT
Old 05-11-2024, 12:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I remember RustyZipper from when I first joined SR. Didn’t have a lot of contact with him, but loved his name. Always had something interesting to say. He was a musician, I think? I liked his “brown shoes” analogy Mags. I know exactly what he means. Comfortable in my shoes, or at least “wearing them in.”
Old 05-11-2024, 01:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ I don't know if he played any other instruments, but he played the hell out of the drums. He posted a link to him playing drums with the band. He was damn good!! I have a special fondness for RZ (and CarolD) cause they were the ones who told me to practice gratitude every day to make my sobriety stronger when I was early on sober, about 3 months, and wasn't "feeling it". Took me a while to genuinely feel grateful, but I 'played it til I made it'. Now gratitude is part of my life, an important part too. One thing I learned was that people really love to hear compliments, on their smile, their kindness, their service. I am only critical if it's necessary, and always in a polite neutral tone of voice. But giving compliments are gold!! I especially like to talk to their boss/mgr/supervisor and tell them how good an employee so-and-so is, and how impressed I am. That gets two smiles - the one the boss gives me and the one the worker will have when the boss tells them of the good words. Besides, people are so used to hearing complaints, so it always astounds them and makes them feel good/smile to hear praise. Gratitude is the best thing I've ever known, and the best advice I ever got. Thanks, Rusty and CarolD, you were right. Miss you both very much and so glad I got to know you both. Rusty, would you please find my sweet old man, Jack, and pet him and give him a tummy rub for me. Thanks!

Had a good day. Had to go to the store and saw my homeless friend Ed, sitting in his usual spot. I asked him if I could get him a sandwich and something to drink, and he smiled and said, yes. Got a good turkey wrap, two good sized halves, two bottles of Naked Mango juice, and a bag of chips. Put two fives in the bag for him to find. Ck would fuss if she knew I was doing this, but it pleases me that I can do some good, even on my limited income. The 'income' in my heart is something my parents gave us when we were kids. We learned empathy first hand when we raised two baby bunnies whose mom had been killed by a car. The family (from our church) had found the babies and put them in a box and asked people after church if they would take one, or more. He asked me and of course I said yes. I didn't know til I got to our car to go home that my sister had also gotten a baby bunny. Parents freaked out, just a little, but soon agreed that we raise these bunnies, which we did. I am sure we had cats at the time, we usually had cats in our home, but they never bothered our bunny babies. We unwittingly put them in danger by letting them loose in our yard. We didn't think of it then, but they were easy prey for roaming dogs or other animals. Makes me feel bad retroactively...

Billie and I had a good day today. Now comes my favorite time of day - bedtime when I snuggle with my beagirl Billie, my official Snuggle Buddy.

I can't remember when, but at some point he told me his name meant when drunks would pass out and pee on themselves, thus making their zipper rusty. lol
Old 05-11-2024, 01:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Robbie and PJ, brilliant photos. I missed them last night but there’s a chance we will have them tonight again. So I’ll be awake at midnight….hopefully. These are a couple from round here. Queen Bess blast furnace at our steelworks on one and over my village on other.

ZenCat, pup’s pretty good when I walk him. I’m much slower than Mr. Mags and I have to stop often cos of the asthma and Alfie doesn’t mind, he just sniffs out the grass. Though he does get excited when he sees another dog.

Have a good sober day.

Love to all. xxxx

Old 05-11-2024, 02:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

^ I kind of assumed the northern lights wouldn’t be visible this far south so didn’t bother. However, I just saw brilliant pictures taken just a mile from my house. Must be global warming 🤣 (ignore that!)

It’s on a lot of people’s bucket list to see the northern lights, at great expense. Call me boring, but I doubt there’s a great deal to do in the arctic circle, and it’ll be cold! Also, a lot of people go, and it’s cloudy! I have a reverse bucket list of places not to go, and the arctic is one of them 🙂

The light show is meant to be on again tonight. Might take a midnight drive to take a look. That wouldn’t have been an option for the drinker me 🙂

Today I’m helping with a kids science day. I think we’re learning how to wire an electric plug. With all that electricity and stripping knives, what could possibly go wrong?
Old 05-11-2024, 03:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 586.

Feeling a little bloated and tired as ate way too much the last few days. At least it’s not from drinking.
Old 05-11-2024, 05:56 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Least you were kind to help out that man. I’m not surprised in the “Least”. 😊 Thank you for reminding us about gratitude.
Dog, sorry to read about your drinking dream. What a relief it must have been to know that it wasn’t real.
Spectacular pics Robbie and PJ. We’re hoping to see them again tonight.
Hi Mags and Hodd! Congratulations on day 586 Runner! Hey Steely and Leshar.
Bow wow wow is on one of my running playlists, Zen. Yesterday I posted on strava (my fitness app) a song from Luscious Jackson. I was surprised at how many ppl loved them and actually knew the song that I listed (Naked Eyes).
Big charity bike event today. Excited and a little nervous. I’m signed up for the metric century but might try for the full one if I’m feeling it.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders! Day 166 here and looking forward to another sober weekend!
Old 05-11-2024, 06:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,
Least, how kind you are!
The northern lights photos are lovely. I was lucky enough to experience dancing northern lights some years ago in Northern Ontario.