Notices

son caught me in a stumble.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
running the race

son caught me in a stumble.

after two years of being sober i fell of the wagon not sure why either. is the ever a good excuse? my wife and childrend were going out of town to see here parents. my mind talked me into buying some beer and i did a thirty pak even. i drank five before they left and had it in the back set of my truck my son was looking for his game boy pouch. he found the boose instead. he was heart broke and i could not belive that i had done such a thing.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
knucklehead

1967, I hold this truth to be the highest truth. There is never a good excuse. It happened now you got to pick yourself up and dust off. Since it happened this experiene could be the best thing that could have happened. Use it. It is your gift. A day at a time that is a new beginning. good luck.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Duaine,
2 years being sober is wonderful! I still have trouble doing 2 days. You had a slip.
Hopefully you will try to find the courage to pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get back into your sober life. Stop beating yourself up and get on with it.
I'm sure you must feel horrible, but just think of the 2 years you have under your belt.
Good luck to you.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

You pull yourself up by the boot straps, and start again. Your son will learn that we are human and can alway's change things by doing the right thing, for us it's not to drink again. He'll be okay when he see's your okay. *hugs*
Old 12-22-2004, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
running the race

thanks for the word of incouagement im not much of a speller either so if their any english teacher out their sorry. i thought i could beat this thing alone .well not alone with my wifes and the good lords help, but i know now that i need to share with other like my self. im am very close to my cristiananity and allways whant to do the right thing. sometime that old past of mine just really come creeping back. i use to stay drunk all the time 24/7. i was a paint contractor so it was the normal thing.anyway my storie is a long one so i whant cont. thank you all agin. happiness forever duain
Old 12-22-2004, 05:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Duain, we all make mistakes. When we learn from them they can work for us. stay strong.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Duain, You tripped up. We're only human. You have the Lord on your side, and your good wife as you said.

You are doing the right thing. I believe your son will find it in his heart to forgive. You staying sober, and showing him this will most certainly help.

Personally I find when I had relapsed when I looked back on it that I was planning it. Not an excuse, but something happened or went down. Realizing what it was always helped me avoid a next time.

Wishing you well.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Duane,welcome to soberrecovery.You had 2 years before,you can do it again.Have you ever tried AA? It works for me and a lot of others.I learned I cant do this alone.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Duane,

We're all with you! :xmasf

ChrisMan
Old 12-22-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Connie

I agree with Michael, we can do together what I can't do alone. When I hear stories of slips, especially after a significant amount of sobriety time, I realize more and more how much I need my meetings, and how I have to keep coming back to them in order to stay sober. I'm sorry about your slip, but thank you for sharing, you've helped another alcoholic.

Happy Christmas
Old 12-22-2004, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
running the race

thanks to all agin. to your qeustion micheal i havent but a really good friend and ex pastor has put me in touch with a director in my area i plan to attend. turns out that the director was my lay director on my walk to emmaus which is three day of nothing but the grace of the lord . it was by far the most spirtual exprience i have ever attened, so im looking forward to attending his aa meetings.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Duain,

2 years = 17520 hours. Now if your avg (and who really is) a 30 pack will take 5-10 hs of actual drinking to consume it. Sooooooooo---that is less than 0.0002% of your time drinking...OR you have spent, over the last two years, 99.9998% of your time sober and on the wagon...

You are now more familiar and comfortable with and ON the wagon...Dont beat yourself up-Dont focus on the negative.....This was but a blip on your recovery screen.........Also, knowing your dad is human, is not a bad thing.......peace