Notices

What can I do?

Old 12-22-2004, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What can I do?

Hi everyone. I am new here and I don't know what to do or what my husband is doing. I know he smokes weed though I wished he wouldn't he knows how i feel but over the past 5 or 6 months he has changed. He is more quick to anger and has even hit me a few times. I don't think weed would do that to you but he has admitted to me that he has used crank. He said he has stop but its been a few months and sometimes money will come up missing. I asked him about one time and he said that he gave it to this girl he use to date because there was a chance one of her sons could be his. well i kept bugging him about it and then he changed his story to he went to a strip club. yeah right hes never been to one before why would he go now i thought. so i kept bugging him more about it and he finally admitted to me he was still using crank. well i let it go at that told him how i felt and that he needed to stop. a few weeks later more money came up missing again. well he said he gave it to his best friend or he would lose his car. his friend lost his car. I am at my wits end. I love my husband dearly and I don't want to divorce him. I don't want my son going through that but he has left me at a fork in the road and I am not sure what to do. Please can anyone help me?

Nicole the hurtingwife
Old 12-22-2004, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Us alcoholics/addicts hurt people we love...

...not on purpose but because once hooked, nothing...NOTHING will be allowed to come between us and our drug of choice until we admit we have a problem and REALLY want to stop.

Until then, Nicole, I suggest you find an AlAnon meeting nearby and go to the "Family and Friends" section of this site. You will find people at both places that will teach you healthy coping skills and how to make healthy decisions as to what you should do.

BubbaBob
Old 12-22-2004, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Nicole,
Come on over to the Family and Friends board and the Naranon board. There are lots of people there who understand what you're going through. You've figured out what you're dealing with. The next step is to figure out what you're going to do about it. Give yourself some time to make your decisions.
Gabe
Old 12-22-2004, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
running the race

my wife ask me to leave for a month to decide what was more important them or my addiction. im not sure if that would be the right thing to do or not, but for me it didnt take me long to figure out what was really important.even though ive slip up my wife is still supporting me because of my commitment to them. just giving ya something to ponder on and pray about. good luck to ya an may god bless you allways.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HELLO FOLKS-

HE has started to hit her. Nicole all this advice is fine, but you have to figure it out with him out of the house. Hitting leads to hitting a few more times, DO NOT hope to work it out when you are used, depending on his mood, as a punching bag..

Forget ALanon, now or naranon, focus on your safety. Once that is secure (for sure) then decide if you want to work this out. Not before