Notices

Day 1 again

Old 11-03-2022, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

Ugh I drank. Just a few glasses of wine. Just one time last night. The stress of work got to me and I wanted to just feel free of my mind. I’m disappointed in myself. I’m annoyed. I feel like I’m doing the work but life gets overwhelming. I think a need a sponsor of sorts but I don’t like AA (for many personal reasons)… I felt gross today. Disappointed… dehydrated and had a headache. I am proud of myself for only drinking yesterday and stopping instead of let it go and keep drinking. Day one done. Day 2 tomorrow. Night everyone

Old 11-04-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AJ143143 View Post
Ugh I drank. Just a few glasses of wine. Just one time last night. The stress of work got to me and I wanted to just feel free of my mind. I’m disappointed in myself. I’m annoyed. I feel like I’m doing the work but life gets overwhelming. I think a need a sponsor of sorts but I don’t like AA (for many personal reasons)… I felt gross today. Disappointed… dehydrated and had a headache. I am proud of myself for only drinking yesterday and stopping instead of let it go and keep drinking. Day one done. Day 2 tomorrow. Night everyone
Come join us in the November group.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Honesty is paramount! I'm proud of you for posting this. There was certainly a point in my recovery where I wondered how much "recovery" I needed.

I wasn't that bad, you know...... Except I am. I was. I wanted to quit, but I couldn't. I struggled. Kept making promises and then compromising or breaking those promises.

Pay attention to this discrepancy. If you WANT to stop but STRUGGLE to stop, it means it is important for you to stop.

Substance use disorder PROGRESSES. Things get worse. Additional alcohol/drug is needed.
If, at this point, you have hurt enough, you can stop now. If not, you'll continue to explore alcohol/drug's role in your life.

I'm here to voice that additional exploration is NOT necessary. Call your current pain SUFFICIENT!

What will you do to stop? I love AA (warts and all). It has helped me tremendously.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Come join us in the November group.
I 2nd this motion
I too needed accountability in the beginning. My Class was,is, it. They are my sponsors, my confidants, my new friends.
I could not have done it without them.

Looks as if you had a case of the efits. Oldest AV trick in the book.
Up your recovery game and you won't fall for such a basic trick.

Keep comin back. This place saved me. It Can save you too.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you stopped so quickly, AJ. Don’t let it run any longer.

Fish is right, the classes really do help, by providing personal accountability.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
Honesty is paramount!

Pay attention to this discrepancy. If you WANT to stop but STRUGGLE to stop, it means it is important for you to stop..
1,000%
I only quit drinking twice before.
Once for 3 weeks when my daughter was born 30 years ago which really doesn't count because I used anything else I had available.
2nd time was 3 years ago this month. Again I quit for 3 weeks and planned to go back and "Moderate" my drinking. Well by mid January I was hammering the beers again and that's when the above could no longer be denied.
I Needed to Quit ASAP.

I've known I had an alcohol problem for decades. I think I never Really tried to quit because I didn't want hard proof I had a drinking problem.
Until I finally had enough.

It will be 3 years sober Jan. 16th for me.

I don't miss it one bit.

AJ I hope you have had enough.
The AV is tricky. It will try to tell you you are not that bad. You only had a couple. You can moderate. We got this.

It's all a lie.

If you can't put the booze down 100% the most important thing you can do right now is put the booze down 100%
The good news is You CAN put the booze down for good.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

AJ, it's good that you stopped and are back here and working on Day 2. Can you think of things you could do next time, instead of drinking? And, if you are looking for accountability, SR is the place for you.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AJ - I often say that some of us need further proof that it doesn't do a thing but bring more misery. I had a couple false starts myself, but finally admitted there is never any help or comfort to be found in that glass of wine. Happy you are back on track.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AJ- My words will just echo all those before me, so let me agree that coming back so quickly is a sign of both strength and that you are coming to the conclusion that alcohol has no benefit for you. Tighten up your plan, joining the November class is a great idea, and come here FIRST if you are inclined to drink. Commit to yourself and you will have the success you want.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

AJ--how is it going?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
AJ--how is it going?
hi pretty good . On day 3. Feeling good
Old 11-05-2022, 09:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So happy to hear that, AJ. 3 days is wonderful.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
So happy to hear that, AJ. 3 days is wonderful.
thank you and thank you everyone for your support and comments. Super slammed at work until Monday. But still sober