Notices

I need some advice please!!!

Old 11-04-2022, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some advice please!!!

So i want to go to impatient treatment and they called me and said they can take me next week. But the situation is that my mom is really sick. She's slowly getting better but she has health issues. I recently got out of prison after 14 months. It's only me and my mom. I am the only chil and my mom was a single parent who raised me. I would be gone for 30 days. I just feel like it's something i need to do so i don't relapse. What should i do. Please any advice would be appreciated thabj thank you guys
Old 11-04-2022, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I think you should go to the inpatient treatment if at all possible. Is there anyone else who could check in on your mother and help out a bit? I have a feeling that your mother would want you to take this opportunity to help yourself. If you decide to go or not, SR will always be here as an online support for you.
Old 11-04-2022, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If at all possible you should go and get treatment as if you relapse things will get worse for you. As Anna said please try and find someone who can check in on your Mum. She would not want you to relapse. The community will be here for you whatever you decide to do.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You could search for AA meetings. Go to a meeting everyday or multiple meetings per day if you have to. Keep busy. Get some exercise, try and stay fit physically and spiritually.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree you should take this chance if you can. There must be someone or something that can help check in and support your mom for 30 days?

D
Old 11-04-2022, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Give yourself the best opportunity for your sobriety- go to inpatient. If your gut is saying it, listen! How did your mom do before you came home? Reach out to the supports she had so you can focus on what you need to do. Remember, you won’t be help to anyone if you aren’t sober.

Wishing you and your mom all the best.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think you should go to the treatment facility if at all possible. What does your Mum think? Would she able to get by with the support of others during the 30 days?

Don't forget it is not just your Mum who is unwell at the moment, you are too, and you need support as well.

If it really is impossible, stay posting here where there is always lots of support.

So good you have stopped drinking. We're all here to back you up to keep it that way.

Old 11-05-2022, 02:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When staying in a rehab facility for 28 days, I left
my little family and 2 little ones with worry at first,
but soon realized that they all were in good hands
and being taken care of never skipping a beat in
their daily lives.

I was then able to concentrate on the task at hand
which was to absorb as much information about my
alcoholism and open my mind to the options and a
recovery program to learn and incorporate in my everyday
life once I returned home to achieve continuous sobriety.

When I did return home, I realized that all my worries
at first was just that and that the family did well with out
me for that short amount of time to help me take those
first steps in sobriety and allow the seeds of recovery
be planted and begin to grow so that I could build a
strong recovery foundation to live upon and become
the best, healthiest, sober person I am meant to be not
only to myself but to others as well.

That small window of opportunity that I took 32 yrs ago
is still helping me on this amazing journey in life and
recovery.

I'd say, you know what you need to do and
now go for it.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think taking care of yourself first is the priority. You can then help your mother after your life is on track and moving in the direction you want/ need it to. Breathing mask first.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

to SR Essjade91, Perhaps a government in-home care service ( https://medlineplus.gov/homecareservices.html ) is available to you. Having a caretaker for mom you are free to get into rehab. We are here to help you in any way possible. Keep posting for support.

Old 11-05-2022, 05:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kes

Hi EJ91,

Mate go for it. I did inpatient detox back in June and have been sober since. It basically saved my life. I was drinking 50 units per day , starting at 8am until I passed out. I was told by my doc that if i tried to quit on my own, it could prove fatal,So i went for it. Best thing I ever did. If I hadn;t gone in this would have been my last Christmas, for certain. My liver was borderline cirrhosis and has now recovered after 145 days!

They're non-judgemental in there and a guy I still keep in contact with had just finished an 8 stretch for robbery. There's folk from all different backgrounds, races, men and women, young and old, all supporting each other.

I couldn't cope with the withdrawal when I'd dabbled with trying on my own, the DT's were just too bad. In detox, they gave me librium, starting with a huge dose and gradually reduced it over 10days. I had no withdrawal and remained calm throughout. Gave me a MASSIVE advantage over the grogg.

Re: Your Ma, mate it's only 30 days and I bet she would adore seeing you sober!!

God bless buddy and all the very best. GOOD LUCK
Old 11-05-2022, 08:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know your situation, but I imagine your mom would appreciate you doing whatever you need to do to stay sober.

If you're with her but drinking, then you're not really with her, in many ways.

Go to treatment for a month, come home better and stronger, and be with your mom for real.