Notices

My story

Old 03-04-2023, 05:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yay, kensie, I'm happy for you! Thanks for the update.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fantastic news! Well done Kensie!
Old 03-04-2023, 11:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Deleted

Posted in wrong thread 🤣 but huge well done on 138, Kensie
Old 03-04-2023, 11:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great update! Excellent work and much to be proud of Kenzie!

How are your animal friends? I expect they are very happy to have a healthier, present mama. I know my fur babies sure are
Old 03-04-2023, 05:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats! The longer I go the more I realize how alcohol was doing nothing positive for me. I lived without it as a kid and was happier than I was when drinking, and I'm living without it now, and I'm happier than when I was drinking. I'm guessing you can relate. Spring and summer are right around the corner and shortly after then, you will have a whole year under your belt. So awesome!!
Old 03-04-2023, 06:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hawkeye13 - Thanks! My furry friends are surely enjoying Mom sober. I walk the dog alot more despite the winter weather so even more walks in our future! I can't come home with out something for them, so spoiled. So grateful they are still with me.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yes CF2023! For years I cried and said all I want is to be happy.. who knew all I needed to do was stop drinking. How ridiculous I thought it helped. The fog has lifted finally.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

You've got it. Now it's all about turning down a drink, even when you "know" you are ready to handle it. That one blindsides many newcomers.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 86 here I cant explain why but today I'm all over the place and really struggling. I go to AA meetings and have a sponsor so I'm not really worried that I'll drink I just hate sitting with my emotions being all over the place. I'll chalk it up to just having a bad day but I figured I'd just post here to reach out. This place has been a great help to me thanks
Old 06-23-2023, 04:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kensie12 View Post
Day 86 here I cant explain why but today I'm all over the place and really struggling. I go to AA meetings and have a sponsor so I'm not really worried that I'll drink I just hate sitting with my emotions being all over the place. I'll chalk it up to just having a bad day but I figured I'd just post here to reach out. This place has been a great help to me thanks
have you been working the steps?

do you have coping mechanisms to process those emotions?

are you able to employ tactics to help you through the emotions and use their teachings to help you deepen your sobriety?

Did you go to an AA meeting today?

Often we use ‘I go to AA and do __’ as our rationale NOT to do those things on the day and in the moment when we’re struggling and need them most
Old 06-23-2023, 05:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi kensie - congratulations on your 86th day, that's wonderful.

I had similar feelings in my early days. They would come out of nowhere. I wasn't unhappy, but still adjusting to my new life without alcohol. I felt a little resentful at times, regretful about things I'd said & done, scared that I might never feel the joy & happiness I had been looking forward to as a sober person. So many different feelings, it was hard to pinpoint what was going on. I don't know exactly when or why - but those unsettling thoughts began to leave me the longer I was sober. It is not uncommon for you to feel this way. Please know you aren't alone.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 86 Kensie - Keep posting here - it really helped me to have a community to be accountable to?

D
Old 06-23-2023, 06:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Free owl Yes I am currently working the steps with my sponsor. I didn't mention that I live with an alcoholic that is currently drinking so that adds to my emotional feeling sometimes. I tried to reach out to one or two people in aa and didn't get a response that's why I just posted here to get it off my mind. Since I stopped drinking in October of 22 my emotions have gotten way better after that initial few months I only have 86 days now because one day I took a sip during an emotional situation with my significant other so that's definitely a trigger for me. Within 5 minutes of posting this I'd calmed down and sat down to watch a movie and was fine. I don't want to drink again. I don't want to go back to that person. It is really difficult to live with him but for now it's my situation. I'm not ready to deal with making any decisions about that right now. I'm going to go with this is progress cuz this time I posted and didn't drink so I'm getting there.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done, Kensie, for coming here and posting. I'm glad to hear from you and I'm glad that you got through the evening. I'm sorry you're living in a difficult situation, but, you will know how to deal with it when the time is right.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:24 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Free owl Yes I am currently working the steps with my sponsor. I didn't mention that I live with an alcoholic that is currently drinking so that adds to my emotional feeling sometimes. I tried to reach out to one or two people in aa and didn't get a response that's why I just posted here to get it off my mind. Since I stopped drinking in October of 22 my emotions have gotten way better after that initial few months I only have 86 days now because one day I took a sip during an emotional situation with my significant other so that's definitely a trigger for me. Within 5 minutes of posting this I'd calmed down and sat down to watch a movie and was fine. I don't want to drink again. I don't want to go back to that person. It is really difficult to live with him but for now it's my situation. I'm not ready to deal with making any decisions about that right now. I'm going to go with this is progress cuz this time I posted and didn't drink so I'm getting there.
awesome. Congratulations!! And well done using your tools until you found one that helped. And thank you for helping me stay sober today.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Great, you've got a couple of tools for your toolbox that seem to help a lot, and 86 days in early recovery are a lot of days. These early days were more important to me in recovery than years down the road. IMO, you've got the hardest part out of the way. From now on it's about keeping track of yourself, and staying with it. I think it's still too early to relax and assume it's time to lay back. Alcoholism can sneak back into your life quite easily. Just don't drink again, and things will keep getting better. You are doing well. I think you know that.