Notices

Last night

Old 10-03-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night

Yesterday I worked out really hard. It made me super sore…. I woke up 2 times in the middle of the night and thought I was hungover (cause I was so sore) it felt so good when I realized I wasn’t.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Much better then coming to sore/injued and not sure why/how.

I think a kidney stone is better than a hangover, less anxiety and its over quicker. I'd rather go through a kidney stone again then be hungover.

For me exercise provides much of that ease and comfort that the first few drinks would. The trick is to teach the brain to have that trust in exercise as it did in alcohol. It may be counter intuitive or whatever you call it to think when you are tired, anxious or whatever that going out for a run is going to change that. But it does, it really works! Drinking we seem to know deep down that it can instantly change how we feel and makes us forget the true impact of the consequences.

It less of a hassle to stretch out and start running then go to the liquor store and have to deal with standing in line and talking to people and traffic. Very soon into a run its clear to me that its the right decision.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My kidney stone lasted 4 days! They were just about ready to insert a long metal rod up my you know what and pull it out. But your point is well taken.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hope you ate lots of protein and drank lots of water today AJ.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk View Post
Much better then coming to sore/injued and not sure why/how.

I think a kidney stone is better than a hangover, less anxiety and its over quicker. I'd rather go through a kidney stone again then be hungover.

For me exercise provides much of that ease and comfort that the first few drinks would. The trick is to teach the brain to have that trust in exercise as it did in alcohol. It may be counter intuitive or whatever you call it to think when you are tired, anxious or whatever that going out for a run is going to change that. But it does, it really works! Drinking we seem to know deep down that it can instantly change how we feel and makes us forget the true impact of the consequences.

It less of a hassle to stretch out and start running then go to the liquor store and have to deal with standing in line and talking to people and traffic. Very soon into a run its clear to me that its the right decision.
Agreed I did almost 9 miles today
Old 10-03-2022, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
Hope you ate lots of protein and drank lots of water today AJ.
Water yes... protein...not enough... I did do almost 9 miles today though.... I ate eggs for breakfast with low fat cheese and I am having a big salad with edamame for dinner. I need to eat more protein I know... I just don't eat meat all that often. I eat fish and red meat like 2 times a month and eggs... lots of veggies and avocado... I need to get Salmon soon... but yes my protein intake could use some work....
Old 10-03-2022, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Some folks use protein drinks to up the intake.

1 gram of protein per pound of body weight to grow muscle adds up to a bunch of protein.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AJ, it's good to see you posting regularly during this critical early stage!