Notices

Send Me Some Good Vibes, Please!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Send Me Some Good Vibes, Please!

Passed my 7 months clean/sober last week, and I celebrated by applying for several jobs. I had a second interview for one position (the one I am most excited about) on Saturday, have a different interview scheduled for tomorrow, and just received a formal offer for another option!

It's awesome! And a little overwhelming.

The most interesting part (to me) is that I basically had a panic attack last Thursday that I would NEVER find work or contribute financially to my family in a meaningful way. Lots of tears and fear and anxiety. Lots of prayers to my HP about showing me the path that was best and letting me be at peace with "what is."

I honestly felt like I had slid back into a very fear-based, "using" mindset, and I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out what I had done wrong. I wasn't supposed to feel like this in recovery!!! I wasn't supposed to be scared and sad and anxious!!!

But my sweet husband reminded me that all important roads are rocky from time to time. It can't be constantly smooth - it's not supposed to be. And having challenging emotions is not a sign of failure, but a marker of progress, as we are able to recognize the emotions, feel them, and separate their TRUTH from our personal TRUTH.

So, long story short, I had a bad day. I didn't drink or use. I prayed and felt desperate.

I. WAS. DELIVERED.

Now I just have to see how these other interviews proceed and make a decision that feels best for myself and my family. Thanks for the support here. I'd love some prayers and good vibes as this gets sorted!!!

You all are awesome!
-TC
Old 09-26-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is amazing. Sending good vibes your way
Old 09-26-2022, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is fantastic news, TC. Good luck with the upcoming interviews.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Trust the process TC. Best of luck. You're doing great.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good vibes sent your way!
It WILL work out. Trust that
Old 09-26-2022, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

You got this! Yep the road can get bumpy at times. Just gotta buckle-down and drive through.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nez

Positive vibes, energy, and ripples being generated and sent your direction at this very moment!!! Reading your inspiring share, as I sip my morning coffee, got my day started off in the right direction. I am taking it with me as I move forward during the day. Goodatcha and thanks!
Old 09-26-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I got fired nearly a year into recovery. I had a vacation planned and I took it knowing when I got back I had to serve out another month or so at work and then I could collect severance.

It was at a time when I felt really dialed into God. I drove across the country (America) with hardly a care. An attitude of whatever i need God will provide it. If he doesn't provide it then I don't need it.

I still look back on that trip and those early days of unemployment at the beach as some of my better days. Sort of like being drunk on hope and what might be.

Things ended up dragging out and there were times hope was turning into fear. I was doing a lot of meetings and close with a sponsor at the time. Eventually I found a better job with much better pay.

I remember early on a recruiter/head hunter told me to write down a number (annual salary) of what I wanted. I wrote down the most i thought I could possibly get within reason. Not through that recruiter, actually direct higher, I ended up getting only a few thousand short of the number I wrote down.

And now today's problem is living alone on a single income and getting by with all this inflation. So here we go again with a new set of problems. As long as I can stay dialed in to God I feel fine and I can just live on what he provides.

I look at a job as just an opportunity to serve God by serving a company that serves a community. If its at the next company that you interview at, that's up to him. If not its on to the next. God has got this. You are, you are going where he wants you to be
Old 09-26-2022, 05:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are doing great and will continue to do great TC Good luck with your interviews
Old 09-26-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

I appreciate all the support. Thanks for sharing in this journey with me!

I LOVE that I am "surrounded" by folks who say things like, "It WILL work out. Trust that." What awesome positivity! It's overwhelmingly helpful when I feel like I am just groping around in the dark, hoping not to hurt myself too badly.

Love to you all!
-TC
Old 09-27-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Update:
1.) Another formal, local job offer came in this morning! A solid, reliable job (postal carrier) with good opportunities for advancement.

2.) I have an appointment Monday to meet virtually with the VP of Operations for the healthcare company I am MOST excited about (sooo...4th round of interviews for this position ). It's a remote opportunity with a startup that would allow me to work within my field of expertise (pharmacy) without compromising my sobriety in any way. It would pay the best, have the most flexibility, and be the most fun!

3.) My in-person, local interview with the district attorney's office went really well today. I don't know if it's the direction I want to go, but I appreciated the opportunity to practice my interviewing skills and learn how to answer truthfully without disclosing too much about my recovery. Plus, it was fun to get all dressed up in my business best!

Now I'll work on lining up after-school care for my kiddos and see where this sobriety train is headed! Woohoo!
Old 09-27-2022, 11:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

WooHoo is right! You sound so happy and excited. I am thrilled for you TC. I know it's been a process to get to this place and I know you'll choose the right job.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That’s great news toughchoices - best of luck with your interviews. Also well done to your supportive husband !
Old 09-27-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
I appreciate all the support. Thanks for sharing in this journey with me!

I LOVE that I am "surrounded" by folks who say things like, "It WILL work out. Trust that." What awesome positivity! It's overwhelmingly helpful when I feel like I am just groping around in the dark, hoping not to hurt myself too badly.

Love to you all!
-TC
sounds to me like you’re finding your way out the dark and fixing things up !
Old 09-27-2022, 01:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Right on TC.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great news TC

D