Notices

What were your withdrawals like?

Old 09-25-2022, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What were your withdrawals like?

A lot of mine in the past 5 months have been absolute torture from violent shaking to seeing demonic things. It’s also bizzare that I see children or babies or animals during mine. One time I saw a waterfall another time I was flying in space over the earth then felt a sudden push as if someone was putting themselves in it. Mind you this is made worse with having psychosis so it makes me believe an outer force is doing it to me. The scariest would be a black shadow or Half bodied figure of a what I would describe as an a demonic being overwhelming me in top of me I quickly woke up. I once saw angels in the sky. During this I’m violently being shaken as if I have a seizure other times it’s like I’m out of my body and staring at myself laying on my bed. Anyone else had strange things happen? I’ve been going by tough times like this for 5 months now but generally with my psychosis and alcoholism for 6 years. This would makes me end up relapsing. Please share.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, but I don't see much point in comparing withdrawal experiences as if they're an inevitable ongoing part of life.

Once I quit drinking for good and made it through my final withdrawal episode, I never had to worry about it again.

My wish for you is that you come to see STOPPING DRINKING as the solution to your withdrawal woes -- and sooner rather than later, as they tend to get worse the more times you go through them.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RAL

Ime and from what I've read on here withdrawals can get worse each time and can be fatal. The only way to stop them is to finally quit for good rather than stopping and starting.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, once you stop drinking for good, withdrawals will be a thing of the past.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This doesnt sound like alcohol withdrawal.

Have you seen a professional about what you are seeing and experiencing? I would encourage you to speak with a person who is qualified to help in such matters.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I never experienced what you had but I had about 2-4 days of pure hell. What I experienced:
- not being able to hold anything down even water
-I would go from hot to cold and back to hot immediately
-I would almost pass out even going to the bathroom or the kitchen for something to drink.
-ate some stages I was hungry, but even the sight of food disgusted me and I literally couldn't eat. Even if I managed two bits or swallows, my body couldn't process it.
-the worst heart burn I have ever experienced, I would eat tums like candy,
-I was extremely restless. My brain and body was racing. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I couldn't sleep even though I wanted to. I did have audio hallucinations.

I have been asked to describe the detox process from a few people who were curious and I described it as 4 days of pure hell that no one should go through.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Mizz. This is not standard alcohol withdrawal. You need to speak with a doctor. Now.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 5 months sober Misstqueent! That is excellent. I am not qualified but what you describe certainly does not sound like alcohol withdrawal symptoms, not least because you have those five months. That being the case I concur with what others have said on this thread about speaking to a professional. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misstqueent View Post
A lot of mine in the past 5 months have been absolute torture from violent shaking to seeing demonic things. It’s also bizzare that I see children or babies or animals during mine. One time I saw a waterfall another time I was flying in space over the earth then felt a sudden push as if someone was putting themselves in it. Mind you this is made worse with having psychosis so it makes me believe an outer force is doing it to me. The scariest would be a black shadow or Half bodied figure of a what I would describe as an a demonic being overwhelming me in top of me I quickly woke up. I once saw angels in the sky. During this I’m violently being shaken as if I have a seizure other times it’s like I’m out of my body and staring at myself laying on my bed. Anyone else had strange things happen? I’ve been going by tough times like this for 5 months now but generally with my psychosis and alcoholism for 6 years. This would makes me end up relapsing. Please share.
You have psychosis. This isn't withdrawal.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi misstqueent

those things don’t sound like withdrawal to me unless maybe you were suffering from the DTs.

I’m not a medical expert- but as you already have a diagnosis of psychosis, I really think you need to speak to your doctor again about that?

take care of yourself

D
Old 09-26-2022, 12:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Congratulations on 5 months sober Misstqueent! That is excellent. I am not qualified but what you describe certainly does not sound like alcohol withdrawal symptoms, not least because you have those five months. That being the case I concur with what others have said on this thread about speaking to a professional. Good luck.
oh sorry maybe I wasn’t clear I’m not 5 months sober wish I was I meant I’ve been experiencing these things for the past 5 months and yeah I guess you’re right guys will have to speak to my psychiatrist about this
Old 09-27-2022, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've suffered hallucinations, dreams, and bizarre/twisted visions extremely bad withdrawal periods... I highly recommend you seek help through medical withdrawal, go talk to a doctor or clinic.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope you manage to speak to your psychiatrist about these visions and hallucinations. I also hope you manage to quit drinking. Withdrawal is hard but worth it!
Sounds like some real-life support would be good for you as well as support here.