Notices

As day 5 comes to an end

Old 09-22-2022, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As day 5 comes to an end

I am so so grateful for everyone. I had a great day 5 without alcohol today. My extreme hunger is starting to fade... Thank goodness... It feels like a gift to be so mindful. Today I worked. I had a great interview for a new job... I ate healthy for the most part. I went on an hour jog and swam laps... I went grocery shopping at the health food store/ farmers market...It has been less then a week and it feels like things are falling into place. I just am so happy I decided to stop drinking again. I thought for a second today " it would be nice to have a cocktail for sunset" Then I thought " No it won't...it will make me feel tired and dehydrated and give me a headache"... that was about the only thought to do with alcohol....
Old 09-22-2022, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you AJ - congrats on day 5 down and dusted

D
Old 09-24-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just like you, when I finally put my mind to it, I found recovery quick, easy, and delightful. All my struggles came before I got serious, but then it was off to the races. I consider myself fortunate, and I hope you keep it up. Practice gratitude. It's odd how that helps so much. There's still a lot of learning to do, but that can be a lot of fun too.
Old 09-24-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AJ, very glad to hear that it's going well and you are feeling better. For me, that feeling of "that nice cocktail at sunset", except for me it was more "that nice 18 pack of beer on the way home from work", would not give up so easily. That feeling has not just let you off the hook. It will be back. Lean in here on SR for support before that feeling takes you back. Be ready for the things that drove you to drinking in the first place. They are still there and will be along shortly. You can and will get through. Then the "gift of being mindful" will just get better.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 5 days

Old 09-24-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing, AJ?