Notices

Sober blues? Weekenders 12 - 15 August 2022

Old 08-16-2022, 09:48 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

We have glorious RAIN.

Robbie, sorry you have diabetes love. Do you have one of those round monitors I see on people’s arms. My cousin has one and links to his phone. Look pretty useful.

Least hope you had a lovely evening with your family love.

Car’s in the garage today. Which means a day at home. Yaaaay. There was a time when I couldn’t bear being at home, it was just somewhere to ‘lay my head’. Nowadays I cherish having a day here. A few chores, pack a few more boxes. Magic.

When I popped to the supermarket last week there were several empty boxes lined up at back of tills. I asked if it was ok if I took some for packing. The assistant said as long as there’s nothing in them…..they were booze boxes. I piped up, you can have what’s in them if so cos I don’t drink. I was proud of myself for not being embarrassed that I don’t drink.

Crikey just saw Elon Musk gonna buy Man Utd FC.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

Old 08-16-2022, 11:17 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

They came over and we had a good visit.. Pizza and memories. . I don't see my family much (except for ck and sil) and really enjoy any visits I get with them.

Billie had fun visiting the family too. . She loves new people and makes friends easily.

I cleaned up the place a bit, tidy up and put things away before nephew and gf come. Ck noticed I'd cleaned up and that made her happy. . She told me it looked really good. . She's kind of a neat freak and I've become a slob. I used to be neat as a pin and everything in it's place and ck was the slob when she was younger. Things have changed...

For now the itching has stopped and I hope it stays that way so I can sleep.
Old 08-16-2022, 11:38 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better Least, enjoy your evening out.

Sao, welcome of the world of bingeing, great while you're doing it not so good afterwards

Rain Mags, great stuff. The wonderful smell it emits on the earth, petrichor, can also be bought as a perfume. Enjoy your home day and packing.

I don't know what is going on with me, I am really struggling with other people, more so than usual. I am ultra sensitive to everything they say or do. I think I am heading towards be a mad old lonely recluse.

Alfie and Daisy have a hedgehog friend. Every night it comes and every night they go mad .

Lawn envy anyone?
Old 08-17-2022, 12:16 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We had a good time. . Ate pizza and talked about old times...

I am suddenly overtaken by sleepiness. Hope I can sleep a full night.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:21 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you had a good evening Least.

Kaily do you feed the hedgehog? Your lawn is just like mine. It’ll soon be lush again. A bit more rain.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:33 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

No if I put food down the dogs would eat it. I think it comes for water, doesn't seem to worry about the dogs. Matilda used to bring them in!
Old 08-17-2022, 12:43 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Mags, I've got a blood sugar monitor that I use now and again to check my blood sugars. They are usually fine when I watch what I'm eating (and drinking!).

We had plenty of rain yesterday morning. It has cooled down the air and temperatures are now more like a normal summer's day for where I live.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:46 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Magsie

CrikeyKaily, didn’t it hurt her mouth I wonder. My cats just look at hedgehogs but they brought me a frog once. It was ok. I put it back outside.

Ah good Robbie. Our air is a lot cooler and manageable this morning. A cloudy sky and dull here too. Ok though.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:36 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

sa/anx still GP
dep/anx still up
Lost 14kg, 14 to go
Old 08-17-2022, 02:44 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

The hedgehog doesn't look like it wants to be friends with Alfie.

PJ, I should join with you in loosing 14 kg.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:08 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ you and Roxy will be as fit as a butcher’s.

Me too CityBoy, I need to lose a bit of weight. I’d like to say it’s all muscle but I’d be fibbing.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:45 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

If it doesn't stop raining soon I might have to moan about it (only joking!). We have thunder and lightening too.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:50 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Magsie

Send some this way. It stopped earlier here. Enjoy the storm. Does it bother Alfie and Daisy?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

No they are brave little terriers .

I swear neighbours guttering will fall down soon. I wouldn't mind but it is attached to mine.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

We need the rain too. Firestorms already starting. I hate to think of NorCal and the Pacific Northwest, the ancient forests and wildlife burning. Bless those fighting the fires, esp the volunteers and inmate volunteers. Be safe.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you had a good night out and the itching has stopped least, onwards and upwards.

It's good there are still hedgehogs around. They are getting scarce. Shy creatures.

Well done on losing 14kg PJ (that's ~34lbs)

We still need more rain. Not had much so far.

At least I'm over my Pastilles poisoning, I must endeavour not to be so foolish in future or I will end up diabetic myself.

The story of Hedgehog crisps - as told by the National Crisp Museum

https://museumofcrisps.com/2020/08/1...velty-flavour/
Old 08-17-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Yes sadly hedgehogs are in decline - probably been hunted to extinction for the crisp industry .

Aly I hope you get rain soon. The fires are horrendous.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

There's something I need to talk about. I relapsed a few months ago. With everything that happened 2 years ago and the trouble at work. Anyway I'm trying to get better again. Talking to counsellor, psychiatrists and yesterday an addiction counsellor. She said you have done well to cut back but you will need to keep cutting back gradually. She also said you did this before and you can do it again. We are going to chat again next Tuesday. I also talk to the occupational therapist at work.

Anyway this evening I was in our local shop and I bought 1 bottle of wine. The 'security guard' was there. Can't stand him. He turned to the cashier girl and said loudly 'only 1 bottle tonight!' I wanted to break the bottle over his fat bald head. I'm never going back again. Too bad as I often used to go there for bread and milk etc. They have lost a customer.

He has no idea what I've gone through over the past 2 years.

The lady from the Samaritans just said to me "maybe just try to think about what is going on his life that he has to be so nasty to people. I think you are brave and doing all of the right things. You did this before and you can do it again. I believe in you'.

I can't wait for tomorrow when I talk to my therapist and for next Tuesday when I talk to the addiction counsellor.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:17 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Years ago, when I was struggling with major depression, I heard a pharmacist say to her colleague, "Suzanne has really lost the plot, " which devastated me.

But you know what? Ultimately, I think she felt worse than I did. It was a cruel and unnecessary thing to say. People are thoughtless a lot of the time.
I hope you can let it go, dear Tetra.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Oh Tetra I am so sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. Well done for getting help, healing takes time so be gentle with yourself.

As for the idiot is the shop, he is not worth your thoughts but like you I would of been devastated with a comment like that when I was already hurting. If you think it will make you feel better report it to the store manager, maybe by email?

Keep reaching out to us, we are always here