Notices

The Road less trodden, Weekenders 01 - 04 April 2022

Old 03-31-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh, I knew her leg was giving her trouble again. Didn't know she was in rehab, though. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm in for another sober weekend!

Thanks for a fine opening post Mags. I drank to alter my reality but the place I ended up was much worse, a literal and metaphorical near dead end.

MantaLady i'm so sorry about what they found and really hoping that the treatments are effective. Sending a virtual hug.

It's March but there is never a wrong time to start a weekend with this.

Old 03-31-2022, 10:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Another great upbeat song that takes me back to Jr high and Friday night roller skating. A time just before alcohol would become such a big part of life.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I’m in, thanks so much, Mags!
Old 03-31-2022, 12:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Manta, how awful they told you that over the phone. Do you have local support? Family, siblings? Of course there are all of us REAL people in your tech devices.

Much love, and a big hug from a bony girl across the pond. ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹
Old 03-31-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The hike we took a few days ago reminded me of my early sober days, and somewhat even now. Scary, very dangerous if I fall off, or don’t stay the course and be careful where I step.

The hike, and my recovery path were and are scary, unknown, wonderful, and rewarding. I was, and am, very terrified of falling off the narrow path.

We choose our path, let’s let it lead to a wonderful place where we are proud of how far we’ve come to arrive at a comfortable spot, with a view we couldn’t see before when we were active in our addictions.

Amen

Old 03-31-2022, 04:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

^
that's some view Free! I couldn't do that, I have no head for heights at all. However I can admire the photos though.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags & friends

I used to constantly hear people tell me "Every time I see you you're drunk"....now I'm finally getting to know me....and I pretty much "lie low" but many others may not recognize me if they saw me now....

I'm in for another sober weekend!

Old 03-31-2022, 06:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i was usually drunk but did my drinking at home so no one noticed or cared. but I noticed and cared a lot. so glad those days are over with.

took me a while t recognize myself and even longer to like myself but now i'm happy ;with myself.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Purpl, it doesn't happen very often any more, but it's funny when I talk to some old acquaintance that doesn't know I quit. They'll make some comment like "I can't wait to pick up an 18 pack after work". I used to wonder if people knew I had such a hangover most of the time. Now I wonder if people notice that I don't have a hangover. Pretty sure that most of the people I care about know by now.

Very nice pictures Free. I'm terrified of falling off the path as well. Got a pretty good idea of how it would play out.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had you in my prayers today, Manta.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Great photos Free. A good example of being sure footed and sober.

Least good to see you love.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

End of Day 138 - Good night folks.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Lovely pics Free, would love to get out hiking when the weather is a bit warmer x

Hope you’re feeling better soo Least and Mags x

Free, it was an in person appointment but I couldn’t deal with sitting in a room of people looking at me when I knew the news wasn’t going to be great so I asked them to change it to the phone call. Dr said he would prefer to see me face to face but would respect my decision. Got the oncologist appointment this morning to discuss treatment and I have lots of questions and a big decision to make. Most with this type and at this stage don’t last beyond a year and average time is 7-12 months with chemo and 2 -6 months without. Chemo will give me more time, but is that going to be of sufficient quality to negate how I’ll the treatment will make me.

one thing that is certain is I am not going out a drunk!! My days with alcohol are done! xx

xx
Old 03-31-2022, 10:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good going Calmself xx
Old 03-31-2022, 11:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, I am hoping you beat this MantaLady like you beat alcohol.

You have an impressive head for heights Free, fantastic pics.

Off to work...Repeat after me: I will not make a stupid April fools joke I will not make a stupid April fools joke I will not make a stupid April fools joke I will not make a stupid April fools joke I will not make a stupid April fools joke I will not make a stupid April fools joke, i've had an idea...

Attached Images
Old 03-31-2022, 11:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Manta, I cannot imagine what you are going through. You sound very stoic, well done, but please rant if you want to too. I hope the appointment brings hope, there are always exceptions to the expectations.

Free looks like an amazing hike although I am another that just could not do that ledge. I would be crawling along on all fours with vertigo.

My little Daisy got spayed yesterday. Poor girl is still traumatised and refusing to eat. I actually wish I hadn't had it done.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Magsie

MantaLady I agree with Kaily, you’re very stoic in your approach to the disease and treatment. I hope with your positivity that you can beat it. x

Aw Kaily poor Daisy. Hope she’s soon settled and feeling better. Sending big hugs from Aunty Mags. x
Old 04-01-2022, 12:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Poor little Daisy, I hope she starts feeling better, she’s probably felling sorry for herself and as with all furbabies they are very very skilled at making their humans feel guilty for taking them to the vets!! Sure some snuggles and treats will do the trick xx
Old 04-01-2022, 12:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

MantaLady, I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling at the moment. You're being strong but as Kaily posted, please rant if you want to. Take care