Notices

Nice night

Old 03-30-2022, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nice night

Hi friends-
I’m the woman who was cycling at Christmas time and got hit by the small truck. This Monday I was excited to see the orthopedic surgeon to find out if she will allow me to start running again. But unfortunately she called in sick with the flu. I will have to wait until April to find out if things are OK. I have the biopsy to check for uterine cancer on the 12th and then my finger surgery is on the 13th. (I broke my finger in the accident). But I’m feeling pretty optimistic about things. I’m spending time with friends and trying to keep my mind off of things. I’m applying for a new job. I’m very excited about that. One of my closest friends locally is flipping a house with her husband and I went to visit them today. The house looks amazing and I’m so thrilled for them.

A friend suggested that I try some yoga. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of weightlifting and core exercises. But I really think that he is right to suggest that i try it. Yoga helps get your mind in tune with your body. And it helps with flexibility. I’m sort of a type A person so I’ve never really thought about yoga or Pilates. But I think I should give it a chance.
i’ve been eating a lot lately. I’m getting a little anxious about my weight. When I try to get my binge drinking and check it seems that my eating gets a little out of control. And by that I mean I eat a lot of starch. Which I don’t like to do. I’m vegan and a lot of vegans tend to eat high carb diets and that makes me feel quite bloated.

Anwyay. I’m not drinking tonight. And that’s wonderful.

Have a great evening.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is all awesome Peke!!! Eat the carbs for now. The goal is to stay sober. The first few months I was sober I ate nothing but raspberries, watermelon and cheesecake.

As soon as your health concerns are sorted, you can focus on proper nutrition. Sober and on your healthy path.

Not drinking tonight is indeed wonderful.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic thoughts and progress, Peke. So glad you checked in! You have been through so much, but you will get through it.

I totally get the starch thing, my weight also went up this winter from all the carbs. But as long as they're healthy, so what? Enjoy for now and just don't drink.

Yoga sounds wonderful! I need to do more myself.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Surrendered. I love the idea of raspberries and cheesecake. Yum!
Advbike…the yoga was actually really fun. I only did a 20 minute class. But I enjoyed it. It forced me to stretch too. I’m not great about stretching and staying limber. I normally just like to run and cycle and I might do a little bit of stretching afterwards. But this was a really fun endeavor.

Night everyone.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go for it with the yoga, Peke. A surprising benefit is if you really concentrate on the positions and don’t let the mind wander, you forget about bad stuff going on, at least temporarily. The mental health benefits are many (but it takes patient and concentration).