Notices

Day 36 Acceptance

Old 03-31-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 36 Acceptance

Is the key ( but you all know that right !). I have to accept that I am going to feel tired for a bit as I have been binge drinking and stressed for sooo long. As comments in my last post said, my body is just working its way back to normal and the tiredness will go.. Thanks for the advice yesterday. Sorry I was a bit grumpy !
Old 03-31-2022, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Life can be kind of exhausting. Even non-addicts/drinkers get tired and sick and frustrated, so it is 100% normal for you to feel like this from time to time. The Twelve Steps give me a means of dealing with those things that routinely frustrate and tire me, and acceptance is, INDEED, the answer (and a key to step 1)!
I am very grateful to have a clear, sober mind with which to approach these frustrations. Way to go on Day 36, ICDT!

-TC
Old 03-31-2022, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ICAN you're right - Acceptance is probably the key to everything - I struggle with acceptance but have got much better at it in the last 3 months. You're right again about your body repairing -slowly - it seems nothing is getting better and then one day you realise you DO feel much better - hang on in there!
Old 03-31-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Acceptance of myself is the hardest bit for me, Ican.

I've had to break from my daughter for a while, her mental health has turned to a real anger, hatred of me. It was vile. She told me to go away on fb, and wished me dead in relentless texts. It was disturbing, shattering. I know I need space, and believe she does too.

I can't continue to be blamed for every single aspect of her life, it is too punishing.

My own needs first this time.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you dear Steely. I have seen my son in recent days (with the permission of the court) and to help him with an unfair dismissal appeal with regards to his job - he won -Yay! As long as we meet on my terms and I put in boundaries, it’s ok (so far) but I don’t believe it would have been had I not stepped back for c six months so I really think you should do the same … as a mother, I simply can’t cut off all contact for ever , and I’m sure you can’t either , but to protect/look after you, you have to step back for now I think . Hugs ! xxxx
Old 03-31-2022, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Best advice Ican. Thanks.