Notices

Day 18 - too much too soon ?

Old 03-14-2022, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The only thing that might be too much too soon may be your expectations. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing things will get better. If you don't, they will most likely get worse. You and your body are readjusting to something foreign, and on top of that, if you are like the rest of us, your AV is probably nagging you with thoughts like, "See, I told you this would never work. It was a bad idea."
Old 03-14-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Luckily AV hasn’t appeared yet but am ever vigilant !
Old 03-14-2022, 01:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Keep going. It gets better for sure- but it's pretty up and down for the first few months. Not terrible- but to be honest, I didn't feel consistently GOOD until I hit 5-6 months. The lows get less low and the highs are more frequent the longer you go. Don't be frustrated and keep track of the good stuff- improved attention, better alertness, improved motivation, and the benefits will start to add up. You're doing great!
Old 03-14-2022, 02:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your 'unconscious' mind is trying to process these 18 days Ican, and all of the years before. Exhausting stuff. That's my belief at anyrate.

Just because we stop drinking doesn't mean we are transformed into the person we would like to be. Therein lies the good work. The work we want to do to produce the person we see within ourselves, and it's tiring.

Only do what you feel comfortable with Ican. Slow ambling strolls through the park and garden are good too.