Notices

New year challenge

Old 05-16-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

We're cheering you on, AL, with your interview. Let us know how it went -- I'm sure you did great.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Thanks Mizz
Went ok i think. Its nerve wrecking doing them even though online wasn't as bad as i thought they would be. I mentioned before i listen to motivational podcasts, i actually used one quote which went across very well smiles and notes were taken. They asked me the ususl and then why do i really want to change jobs into a completely different career after spending 30 years plus in my current role.
So after the usual standard interview answer I said, "A wise person told me life is a book. Ive read the first half of mine by now and ive really liked it but wouldn't it be exciting to turn the page and see something new happen. Thats what i want something new, i want something different to write, and i think working in a company like yours will fill those pages yet to be written. Those podcasts are great😅.
So i finished and said thankyou changed out of my suit into shorts and a t-shirt and walked the stress out of myself.
Project small boat was very much in mind so heres one for today.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:20 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Thankyou Tursiops
Old 05-16-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks FK its my pleasure, im loving getting outside.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:40 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

That after interview rush by now has subsided and im into the what if i said this or that department of my brain by now so meditation and mindfulness for lunch.
Its pouring rain outside luckily i got to work before it got to bad.
i always look to the opposite side of the river and see this boat the owners have mussel and oyster beds up river so its basically flat bottomed to get in during low tide. Stick a fan on the back and it can head to the Florida everglades. There will be afood festival in October so i will be hopefully eating a few of them.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:14 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Looks like a Russian oligarch boat, haha.. in hiding. I’m with Tursiops - love those little single masted wooden sloops. Picture perfect, ! I wish i lived on a coast like that, AL.

I love Schwarzenegger. A great, and reasonable thinking man. Used to see him around Sacramento when he was governor, and he is larger than life. The man really has presence.

Keep up all the wonderful efforts and thoughts, AL!
Old 05-18-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Nice morning photo but not what i had intended, the boat on the left is unusual and a working service boat for the oil/gas rig off the coast which is now almost decommissioned. Its been around the harbour at this stage for decades but i never took any notice of it. It not the best looking boat but i suppose its not what its for.
Advbike id love to go back to California at some stage in the future. I've probably already mentioned my brother and sister emigrated to San Francisco i the 80s and i used visit them yearly until they returned in the early 2000s. They lived right next to SF international airport in Burlingame and i just loved being there. Anyway more reminiscing by me, enjoy the rest of the day friends.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:21 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

That's where I grew up, AL. San Carlos, a few miles down the road from Burlingame. It's a gorgeous area, the SF Peninsula. Those gorgeous hills and oaks, redwoods and Eucalyptus trees. Incredible weather too, although a bit cool in summers, lol. One of my first jobs was driving a rental car shuttle at SFO. Those poor summer tourists in their shorts freezing their asses off out there on the arrival island in that 30 mph 58 deg wind..
Old 05-19-2022, 12:15 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Advbike ive such lovely memories of those holidays, the places we visited the San hose flea market and all the usual tourist things we did. It was a joy getting to see my brother and sister as at the time green cards were few and far between. In the beginning they were Illegal Aliens but eventually getting them in a lottery. I even tried myself but never got there. The arriving unfortunately would have to end with departing and it was always heartbreaking leaving my siblings behind but its unfortunately engrained in irish society that some will leave home. This is starting to get depressing 🙂. So heres a better on of the boat for you. Have a great day.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:07 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Had a rest day today and it was a little forced on me to be honest. My daughter went out with her friends last night and they decided to come back to my house and have tea and a chat, woke everyone up and i couldn't get back to sleep.
Its not normal for me anymore to go without a proper nights rest 😴.
So i was cranky and not getting up until 7am i didn't have time for my morning walk and as we were going out tonight i missed out on the evening walk as well.
So we went out for pizza as a family with our Spanish student who returns home to the northern Spain after spending the school year here in Ireland (9 months) and we are really going to miss her. Shes a lovely kid.
Just incase you were wondering yes thats a glass of red wine in the photo which belongs to my wife. One glass and shes happy then water afterwards. Thankfully its no problem for me and luckily I've no interest in any but still i choose carefully who i would go out with, not as triggering might worry me but im done explaining myself to certain people and those i choose to go out with are a little jealous of me 🙂 which for whatever reason make me feel proud of myself.
So we are enjoying mint tea now infront of the TV. Goodnight all.
Old 05-21-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

its was a bit dull this morning but still was nice enough to sit and see whats happening around me for five minutes before heading into work. I hate working Saturdays but comes with the job.
Waking and getting up after a night out with a clear head can't be beat a morning gift i give myself now every day and its free.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Sweet little boats! And I agree with you, waking uup with a clear head is a morning gift that can't be beat!
Old 05-21-2022, 02:22 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Spectacular shots and dialogue, AL. Sorry that you're so far from family. But that pizza looks amazing!

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-22-2022, 02:46 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Everyone is home now Advbike only a walk away. We are pretty tight as siblings go probably our upbringing, our mam was a great matriarch in the family and we still flock around her. My dad on the other hand is a long story.
Anyway Sunday morning walk as usual and just another reason we should all get out. I was enjoying the crops blowing in the wind like waves on the sea when i decided to do a video.
Then there he was beautiful and full of colour. The male pheasant, shy and secretive, mainly heard but not seen, so a great treat for my morning and a plus for this new wonderful way of living.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I'm a huge fan of wild birds, they may be a bit more difficult to photograph than tiny sailboats but the picture is just worth that much more. Thanks, AL78.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

:-|
Old 05-22-2022, 10:34 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

:-|
Not there yet Biminiblue another 28 years and 3 months🤣 i might change the profile name then. It will be a nice round 30 years of sobriety at that stage .
Old 05-22-2022, 11:29 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

OMG! 48/78. So funny!

Ive been sicker than a dog, and that smile was a welcome change……

Also, the boat pics are great, love the pheasant pic, we had them on our land growing up in the Midwest USA.

Never been to SF, it’s on the list for 2024.

Now the pic of the pizza. Well, I never notified the wine, had to scroll back up and look for t tells me my brain is healing. The flip side is we think that pizza was the culprit for our illness, horrible. Forced a shower on Dr Free and myself, then took a nap, Today is day three, and feel like we will survive.But no pizza, for a long, long time..🧻🚽🧻🚽🧻🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

Thank you AL FORTYEIGHT🤓❤️, it’s always lovely to catch up on Sundays with you.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:54 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Free🤞
Old 05-23-2022, 03:01 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Might have gotten a photo high this morning while out walking took a lot and now dont know which to use 🤔. So i will give you a few.
1 is a new Trawler registered from Belgium unloading a catch and fueling up to go out again. Its been coming into the harbour lately a big vessel by our standards not to many of this size around.
2 Is a few fish, Mullet, not very exciting but nice to look at

Last i will give you a yacht arriving into the harbour from somewhere exotic I'd imagine or maybe not i will let my mind wonder.