Notices

Dealing with Stress - Feeling worn down

Old 12-22-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
quat

Funny your AV didn’t recommend dark chocolate , a known stress reliever

Notice , too, YOU said you weren’t going to drink any of the wine , but then the AV chimed in and conditioned that remark with an appeal to an ASAP.

IT is trying to undermine your resolve by sneaking in the implicit idea that YOU somehow have no defense against proximity, surely that is not actually the case ? IT is counting on YOU to accept the idea that wine physically close has a bearing on YOU being able to recognize one simple rule , No Matter What.

I’m sorry there are so many and difficult ‘Whats’ at present , and I hope you find some resolution and comfort sooner than later , but don’t let that conniving parasitic weasel turn a difficult time into an opportunity for more booze just for booze sakes.

Rootin for ya and sending the best vibes sendable to a land of lorries (we have trucks and vans )
Old 12-22-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Stepfather is likely is pretty stressed himself between moving, his wife’s dementia, and his own possible diagnosis of cancer.

Maybe try to find some peace for yourself in a difficult situation DF?
All but bed in the Lorry—well done getting the house packed quickly!
Old 12-23-2021, 03:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There were 3 very large lorry's that took 4 hours to unpack the huge amount of furniture and 'stuff' - but my dear Mother and step father are now safely in their new bungalow and I have a days reprieve before seeing them again on Christmas day.
Yes Stepfather is very stressed and I hope slightly less so now.
As for me, well, I re read all the replies to this original thread, that helped enormously.
I went back over my own threads from 6 months ago and thought about how hard it has been to get here.
It does not matter to me now that the wine is in the boot of the car, I will not drink it because I don't drink alcohol.

The journey into sobriety goes on, and it is hard work, but does have frequent moments of realisation that experiencing the world sober is far more intense. The reward is this. This moment. I managed several hellish days with no drink, dealt with some over whelming emotional stuff with no alcohol.
I did not do it alone. I thank SR and all who sail in her for getting to here.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well done for keeping your precious sobriety intact dustyfox, you've shown your strength here.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
quat

For conscious non drinkers there is an inscrutably simple rule , simple just not always easy or as comfortable as we may like it to be (good news though, there is always room to work to make it easier and more comfortable )

YOU really are doing this , goodonya, knew and know you can !