Notices

I will keep trying.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rehab sounds like a great idea.

Also, keep an open mind about the possibility that you might be the type of alcoholic who can only recover by fully committing to the recovery program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm that type, and I kept relapsing (from 1987 to 2002) till I realized that. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about that.

As it says in the Big Book: "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program ...."

Old 11-30-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
sober style

You're not a broken soul, you just haven't learned the skill of living sober yet. Keep after it, keep logging into SR and doing whatever it takes to learn this skill. If it takes rehab or AA, go to rehab or AA. Whatever it takes; this is life or death. And this sobriety thing can be learned, make no mistake about that.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You can do this, Contella. I’m right there with you. Day one again today.
I’m slow killing myself.
Sending you a big hug,
Old 11-30-2021, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, Pekelover. Good job coming right back. Keep posting.

Contella- you sound like you have more resolve today. Posting every day is a fantastic idea. Maybe you and Peke should think about joining the class of November or December together? My class is pretty tight and we get each other through the hard patches because we are sort of on the same timeline. Check the classes out in the daily support threads. Stronger together!
Old 12-01-2021, 12:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
You can do this, Contella. I’m right there with you. Day one again today.
I’m slow killing myself.
Sending you a big hug,

Big hugs to you too. Together we can do this. We have got this. Keep coming on and posting and reading every day with me. We can do this one day at a time. It's only just day 3 for me but the world seems brighter already. 😊
Old 12-01-2021, 06:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Contella! I've had a million day 1s! I'm on day 4 today, the first day four in a two years. It feels wonderful. I'm going to keep checking in on your thread, I really think you helped me reach this point. Thanks and keep pushing!
Old 12-01-2021, 06:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good job on day 3, Contella!!!!
Old 12-02-2021, 02:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Keeppushing, I am really happy to here that this thread is helpful to you. Congratulations on your day 4. I am on day 4 today. It's amazing how much our mood can change in just a few days without alcohol. Rather than wallowing in self pity, we come on here and give ourselves that fighting chance again. I feel so much more positive. It helped bring me out of the depression and take care of my responsibilities at home that I was neglecting because of my binge. I have a clean house, shopping done and practicing self care again. My appetite is back and I am sleeping ok again.

I knew I needed to up my game and I joined SMART RECOVERY, so I am on there doing some work, I have downloaded easy quit drinking app. That is a good tool. You might want to check it out. It gives a timeline on all sorts of things like health and finances and shows your progress along the way. Quite eye opening already for me tbh on what I have saved in just 4 days and how much progress I am making in terms of health. I am also going to work the 12 steps.

I know this might sound like overkill but this is important for me as my plan before wasn't strong enough. I can do smart recovery at my pace and attend zoom meetings, 12 steps will keep me on my toes as it really is a commitment. The app is just to help me see how much I am changing for the better.

I have joined the December class and I am working towards that goal of sober December and it's not overwhelming because the 1 month goal is so achievable and doesn't feel daunting to me. It's the first class I can join from the 1st and I like that thought of completing the 31 days from start to finish. Alcohol is so much more glamorised during December so this is going to be quite a remarkable achievement for me. I am looking forward to what I get out from this other than sobriety.

Keep pushing. We are all in this together and here for each other. We are blessed 😊

Old 12-02-2021, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great job, Contella. You really have upped your committment! Those are all excellent steps to take.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Really good to be reading this, Contella 🙂 You mentioned overkill, but I’d say quitting is so tough at first that nothing can be considered overkill. Keep on doing it 👍