View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 02:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Contella09

Hi Keeppushing, I am really happy to here that this thread is helpful to you. Congratulations on your day 4. I am on day 4 today. It's amazing how much our mood can change in just a few days without alcohol. Rather than wallowing in self pity, we come on here and give ourselves that fighting chance again. I feel so much more positive. It helped bring me out of the depression and take care of my responsibilities at home that I was neglecting because of my binge. I have a clean house, shopping done and practicing self care again. My appetite is back and I am sleeping ok again.

I knew I needed to up my game and I joined SMART RECOVERY, so I am on there doing some work, I have downloaded easy quit drinking app. That is a good tool. You might want to check it out. It gives a timeline on all sorts of things like health and finances and shows your progress along the way. Quite eye opening already for me tbh on what I have saved in just 4 days and how much progress I am making in terms of health. I am also going to work the 12 steps.

I know this might sound like overkill but this is important for me as my plan before wasn't strong enough. I can do smart recovery at my pace and attend zoom meetings, 12 steps will keep me on my toes as it really is a commitment. The app is just to help me see how much I am changing for the better.

I have joined the December class and I am working towards that goal of sober December and it's not overwhelming because the 1 month goal is so achievable and doesn't feel daunting to me. It's the first class I can join from the 1st and I like that thought of completing the 31 days from start to finish. Alcohol is so much more glamorised during December so this is going to be quite a remarkable achievement for me. I am looking forward to what I get out from this other than sobriety.

Keep pushing. We are all in this together and here for each other. We are blessed 😊