Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 01 -04 October 2021

Notices

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 01 -04 October 2021

Old 09-30-2021, 10:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I believe she knows Captain.
I did do some jigsaw puzzles last winter but not inspired as yet to do another.

Hope the jab goes well.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

CaptainHaddock I missed the bit about your second vaccine. Hope it goes well

I’m at the therapist this morning. The doc says for me spot keep going and practice moving my wrist.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders

Kaily you've got so much going on at the moment that is causing you worry. Take time to care for yourself.

Mags, hope all goes well at your appointment. Similarly Captain, hope the vaccination is symptom free afterwards.

CBS, I had to take a PPI for my stomach a few months ago and they worked for me. I hope all is well when you have your endoscopy. Congratulations on 287 days sober.

Take care everyone.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Was thinking some more about the feelings of guilt and how to describe the difference between drinking and now. While still drinking, thoughts of something from the past would come and it would be like standing in waist deep water at the beach and then being crashed by a wave. Now, I still think of past actions at times, but I may think "should have had my a.. beat for that", then I move on and go about the day instead of just looking forward to dulling the overwhelming feelings of guilt.

Football is on tomorrow. Captain Obvious here. Athensdawg's team has the big conference game tomorrow starting at noon I think. Our game starts at 6. Before, the beer drinking would have certainly started around noon with the first game.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

hi folks
Old 10-01-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

guilt and my past come out as grief...I know logically letting go is key, but emotions will have their day...
Old 10-01-2021, 07:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Kaily, I understand what you mean about not being sure how you feel about your dad's prostate. Don't make yourself feel guilty for not being immediately awash in worry and sympathy for him. It's legitimate to be ambivalent. I was pretty ambivalent about my father's illness toward the end, and while I do sometimes wish I had been more compassionate, I also acknowledge that we had a really difficult relationship, and he caused a lot of pain to me and to my mother, which he never took responsibility for. You have nothing to feel bad about. You do your best with him, and I hate seeing you beat yourself up for his unwillingness to take care of himself. That's on him. Having said all that, I do hope he is ok. Have you thought about getting one of those full-spectrum lights to help with the winter blues? I bought one for my man friend and he thinks it really helps him. I have one, too, but my house gets pretty good sun in the winter so I only use it when we are in the depths of the shortest days and its cloudy for days on end.

Nice to see you midnight, I hope your depression improves as well. That goes for anyone else who is suffering with depression!

Gorgeous pictures, Captain. I have Africa on my list of places to travel to someday, and I will make an effort to visit South Africa when I do make it to the continent. So many places to go, not enough time or money!

Old 10-01-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Phew, busy today. I will catch up when I get home.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Fencer didn't turn up again. I waited in all day for him. Phoned him several times, text to ask him let me know if he wasn't coming. Nothing. Fed up with it. Just so rude and inconsiderate. Venting here as I am sitting on my hands trying not to angry text and regret.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

That is totally unacceptable, Kaily. I would be absolutely LIVID.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

MLD I am but what do I do? I am very open to suggestions.

Old 10-01-2021, 09:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Have you already paid for the entire fence?
Old 10-01-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yes. He completed it but one of the panels is split so needs changing. He is getting it free of charge as I contacted the company that supplied it to him. All he has to do is bring it round and put it in. They slide in and out. Easy enough but no way I would be able to do it myself as they are too tall and I have no one to help.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Maybe call the police, contact a lawyer and sue him.
What a creep.
Good luck Kaily. He is committing a crime, he's taking money from you for doing nothing. Maybe text him, tell him if he doesn't show, you will call the police and probably see him in court. Tell him to get his butt there now or he will be sorry! Rip off artist. I'd call the cops at the very least and let him know I'm doing it.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

good afternoon and checking in.

already a productive day so far. Walked 3 miles earlier this morning and attended the morning meeting. Went to the store I got some stuff for the weekend, helped my dad with a few things, and cleaned out my car.

picking my gf up from the airport later. My Dawgs got a big one at home tomorrow afternoon against Arkansas. I am optimistic but also know this is likely to be a tough one. Life in the SEC, its never easy.(except when you play poor Vandy).

hope everyone has a great day and weekend and don't forget to smile

Old 10-01-2021, 10:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, it annoys me when they don’t turn up too. I’ve had the same with plumbers. Great when putting a new boiler in, big money jobs, but a small job, no chance…back of the queue.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Kaily, sorry to read that the fencer has once again let you down. It sounds like he's never going to come either and is totally unreliable. Is this the second time he's not turned up to sort out this panel?

AthensDawgs, enjoy your Dawgs game tomorrow. My team ⚽ also play tomorrow and need to win. Six matches into the season and we are yet to win a game. As we're pretty much a rubbish team it's something I'm used to!
Old 10-01-2021, 11:34 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yes second time but I told him about the panel four weeks ago. I think I am going to have to accept he won't do it. I will have to pay someone else. It is too stressful to keep trying.

I know where his yard is but what am I going to do? Threaten to beat him up or set Daisy on him.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Kaily, I'm so sorry. Big, gentle hugs.
I read the planet, Mercury, is in retrograde until mid Oct. They say there is a lot of miscommunication, sometimes things need to be re done, they say don't sign anything like contracts, etc. until it's over.
Kind of interesting, Maybe take a peek at it on line.
In the meantime, I'm really sorry. I know how exhausting all this stuff can be.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You are very kind Aly. Thank you.

I blame Mercury!