Notices

Friday

Old 09-17-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We all have to do this our own way.

Hopefully yours is to get to zero sooner than later.

I will say that every time I tried to quit or read about quitting and what had to be done and what not to do I too said, I ain't doing that or I can do this differently.
All just AV BS.

By the time I got here I was beat. Done.
I asked for help and heard a lot of the same stuff I heard before but had dismissed as irrelevant or not my style in the past.
Well this time my mind was open. I was willing to try anything so I did. I listened and took note of everything I was hearing.
I did not do everything that was advised but I did do things I had dismissed before and was amazed at how wrong I had been about them. I was amazed at the results.

All that to say, whatever you did before did not work because you are here. Be open to trying something different.

Old 09-17-2021, 02:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you feel that cutting back is best for you it will be. When the time comes that you really want to stop nothing will make you pick up a drink again. Good Luck to you.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Tapering is tricky. My withdrawals were bad so I drank just enough for 3 days to keep them at bay. Maybe half a beer at a time, no more. I think I had 12 the 1st day and 8 the next 2 days. The next morning I was waiting for the bad shakes but they never got too bad so that was it, 8/14/2019. By day 4 or 5 of sobriety all the physical withdrawals were gone. There were 2 beers left in my cooler so I chucked them in the jungle behind my house. Couldn't bear to dump them and smell beer haha.

Good luck, let me know how it goes. Many don't believe tapering works, but no rehabs or AA where I live so it was do or die for me.

It's worth a try if nothing else has worked.

Old 09-17-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

There were so interesting online posts about tapering you can check out as well. Some pretty mixed opinions.