Notices

Here we go AGAIN! 😩

Old 09-12-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go AGAIN! 😩

Here we go again, day freakin 1️⃣ trying to get off Feytnal and heroin this is going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done! The cravings are so unbearable it’s unbelievable and I’m not looking forward to the withdrawal symptoms. I wish I could find someone going threw the same thing but it seems as if this amazing forum is mostly dedicated to A.A and a lot of
people can’t really understand the feelings or relate to what I’m going threw, but addiction is addiction and im sure alcoholism is just as bad as drug addiction so here I am and will be checking in all day and night because if I don’t I’ll use and I just want to be FREE! Lord give me the strength to get threw this, I’m trying to ween down as much as I can before I quit cold. 🥶 I just need to keep telling myself that it takes time and getting to the lowest amount will help rather then doing it all and then quitting. Any support along the way is most welcomed I’m sure I’ll be up all hours of the night and If you are going threw the same any advice to lesson symptoms are so welcomed as well. Sorry if my posts become annoying but I used this site the first time to kick Oxys which weren’t as powerful but pretty damn hard so I apologize in the beginning. Sending Love and good vibes to everyone who is fighting this battle, it’s no joke but I can do this and this to shall pass with time! 🙏🏼
Old 09-12-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jj2518 View Post
Here we go again, day freakin 1️⃣ trying to get off Feytnal and heroin this is going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done! The cravings are so unbearable it’s unbelievable and I’m not looking forward to the withdrawal symptoms. I wish I could find someone going threw the same thing but it seems as if this amazing forum is mostly dedicated to A.A and a lot of
people can’t really understand the feelings or relate to what I’m going threw, but addiction is addiction and im sure alcoholism is just as bad as drug addiction so here I am and will be checking in all day and night because if I don’t I’ll use and I just want to be FREE! Lord give me the strength to get threw this, I’m trying to ween down as much as I can before I quit cold. 🥶 I just need to keep telling myself that it takes time and getting to the lowest amount will help rather then doing it all and then quitting. Any support along the way is most welcomed I’m sure I’ll be up all hours of the night and If you are going threw the same any advice to lesson symptoms are so welcomed as well. Sorry if my posts become annoying but I used this site the first time to kick Oxys which weren’t as powerful but pretty damn hard so I apologize in the beginning. Sending Love and good vibes to everyone who is fighting this battle, it’s no joke but I can do this and this to shall pass with time! 🙏🏼
Sending you super powers to push through this an hour at a time! ...from London, UK!
Old 09-12-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can’t help with drug stuff. Just booze here. But I can say tapering off booze helped me. I was mostly beer and maybe a little wine. One time I did mix beer and Xanax. Those withdrawals were awful. Never again.

When I quit I tapered. Cold turkey is a bad idea. Reduced my intake over a 3 or 4 day period. Still not fun but makes it easier.

Good luck. It’s better on the other side. It's worth it.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Wanting to quit booze/drugs is half the battle.

See a Dr. is the recommended advice.

In my experience...

It is all about dopamine/endorphins/adrenaline etc etc. Left vs Right brain. That is addiction.

Finding ways to get high on internal chemicals. Think super clean rock stars that get high from being on stage doing what they love (e.g. Slash).

Exercise is my go move but anything that stimulates the mind works now. I enjoy taking care of my stuff (e.g. cars/house/money), learning new things (e.g. guitar/chess), and being nice (e.g. helping folks on SR etc).

Any decision to use again, no matter how little, is a relapse.

I am lucky in that I see myself as a person that was born to be clean, but got tricked by the big bad world.

Now I know better.

Suffering and time.

This place saved my life.

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can win this battle.

Do you have a primary doctor?

Do you have the means to get to a rehab? Outpatient?

If you are serious about quitting then find ALL the options available to you. Write them down on a list and then start checking off that list one by one.

Have you looked into your local NA group?
There is a portion of this forum that deals with other forms of addiction.

Do not give up on yourself. You can get well and be healthy. It is so good you posted.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jj - I'm so glad you posted & that you want to make this wonderful change in your life. When the hard part is over you'll find a new way to live - without being trapped in that nightmare cycle. I do hope you can seek medical help so you can stay safe as you detox.
We are here to encourage you as you go through this - you're never alone.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi J.,
I hear your pain and agony through your post. Last week I mistakenly called the wrong Medical clinic to confirm an appointment, and it just so happened to be a medical treatment clinic for opiate withdrawal. The only thing that they do is administer the Vivitrol shot to people addicted to opiates, and then care for and monitor their medical treatment. I am addicted to alcohol, but was glad to learn about this treatment for friends like you who may not have heard about it.
Do you know if this is available in your city?
Thinking of you today and hoping that you find help in your quest for sobriety. You are worth this!
Old 09-12-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jj

I have no experience with fentanyl or heroin, but others will - you may also want to check out the substance abuse boards again too - not everyone posts in or reads Newcomers forum.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/

glad you made it back.

D
Old 09-12-2021, 05:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jj, we're here for you and you can do this. You sound very motivated which is great. I hope you continue to post and let us know how you're doing.