Notices

Keep me sober - U4S sanity log!

Old 09-16-2021, 06:00 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by UNITE4STRENGTH View Post
hi.....I went out yesterday for a long walk but almost ended up at the pub several times.....even now i'm considering it. I need medication for my mental health....I have low dopamine but no chance of getting a new prescription until Monday.....I don't even know how I am going to make it through this day..!!
Monday will be here before you know it so hang in there. Maybe staying home and sticking close to the forum is your best bet!
Old 09-16-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Monday will be here before you know it so hang in there. Maybe staying home and sticking close to the forum is your best bet!
thank you, this is my best bet - I know it.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I just read up on your thread, you have been tempted several times and you did not give in several times. That’s awesome and you should give yourself a pat on the back for it. It would have been so easy to do the wrong thing, in stead you did the opposite. The hard thing…but the best thing.

Keep going, keep stringing those sober days together!
Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post
I just read up on your thread, you have been tempted several times and you did not give in several times. That’s awesome and you should give yourself a pat on the back for it. It would have been so easy to do the wrong thing, in stead you did the opposite. The hard thing…but the best thing.

Keep going, keep stringing those sober days together!
thanks, yes that's right ...i know the longer I let the relapse drag out the harder it will be to stop. I've tried so hard to get this under control so I can get back to normal sober life again. During my prior most recent relapses before this last one I literally had no self control at all, I was drinking against my will because the alcohol had hijacked my brain. I now have some self control left, all be it critically weakened....I have some, so this is a real plus and I'm using it to get back on the path to long term sobriety.