Notices

Wahoo! Another Day #1 today

Old 09-04-2021, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Yea talk and post as much as you want and need to. Early days are tough and talking or writing about can help.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
Yea talk and post as much as you want and need to. Early days are tough and talking or writing about can help.
Thanks. The problem is that I can't function for periods of time when I am quitting. Went through roughly a 4 hour stint today. Slept in too late and felt fairly normal for a while. Then ran some errands and bam! Instant basket case.

72+ hours in the books. One real close call yesterday where I was saved by a crowded bar with no place to sit. Was triggered by some posts on this site and in the end I moved forward into today.
  • Couldn't seem to hydrate enough on day 2
  • Have been 'functional' more than expected.
  • Have physically felt fine.
  • No physical cravings for alcohol. Just psychological ones.
  • Some moments obsessing over a drink
  • Body odor still there. Gonna shower tonight and keeping my fingers crossed I am done with the strange stench.
  • Appetite has been good since day 1
  • Digestive system has stabilized.
  • Days 3 and 4 are my high blood pressure days. Am monitoring.
  • Sleep is wonky. Cats aren't helping.
So far so good though.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Okay, okay, I'll stop typing into the void bumping this thread my fellow peeps. Ninety six hours w/out a drink as of this writing. Wahoo! I'm done watching the hours now and will consider this my fourth full day without a drink. I was watching the hours for medical and mental reasons during my detox. Feel that I am past my phase 1 right now and maybe cognizant enough to start working on my sobriety, life, personal issues, etc. Not going to push it yet, but am pleased with the progression thus far. I was expecting worse. As I mentioned earlier..my brain stops working. It feels like I took an overdose of antihistamines, can't keep a thought for more than a second, hyper-ADHD, and can only pace around a room for hours grabbing my head and then wondering where the time went hours later. My focus these first few days has been on diet, light exercise, and hydration.

So..my bullet points:
  • I am a darn good cook. Nice to experience that again. If done right food can not be that expensive and much more healthy. Not only did I burn money on alcohol, but I also burned it on food that just doesn't compare to what I can make.
  • Blood pressure is stabilizing.
  • Still having thoughts of drinking.
  • More emotionally reactive than I want to be. Anger at life and the world in general will need to be worked on. Time away from the booze will help too.
  • Brain has worked all day today. Didn't say it worked well; just that it worked.
  • It may be time to start healing and fixing a life I neglected for the last 4 years.
  • No pink cloud expected.
  • Not homeless yet, but getting there.
  • The wonky body odor is now gone!
  • Cats were happy with my roast chicken.
Be Good.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Might take awhile to not have thoughts about drinking. I have gone 2 months and feel great. And the AV is still there.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days is fabulous - I remember feeling much better around that time.
It took me a while to lose the drinking thoughts too. I wasn't seriously tempted, but once in a while I'd feel a little nostalgic for the days before I abused it. I drank for decades, & it was part of everything I did in the end. My new life without alcohol was so much less stressful - I grew to love the peace & freedom of sobriety. Hope & joy returned. One day I realized it hadn't even crossed my mind for a very long time. You're doing great, jtennery.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four days sober! It gets better the longer you're sober.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can keep posting to a journal thread for as long as you want to jtennery

D
Old 09-07-2021, 02:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old 09-07-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Samantha

Welcome!!!!