Notices

Morning of day 5

Old 08-21-2021, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
Riversong, It would be a good idea to shop where there is no alcohol, as was mentioned above, but when it comes down to it, you have to walk into the place already decided that you will not buy alcohol.
It has been mentioned a couple times in the forum by a couple of alcoholics that eventually they will take a trip down the alcohol isle in the store, just to curse the beverages. I've done that too, and it's actually fun in some warped kind of way, but it's not recommended for beginners. lol
Old 08-21-2021, 06:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel that pain, Riversong ☹️

Drastic measures are what’s needed. You didn’t go to the shop with the intention of buying wine I don’t think. Let’s say you went to buy milk, bring £1 or £2 in cash and nothing else. It’s little barriers like that which helped me. I used to drink the 187ml bottles of wine, but that’s still too much if you’re serious about quitting. Those first five days are grim and the second week isn’t any better. I was in despair, but two and a half years on, it’s now a nasty memory. No more cheeky bottles of wine 👍
Old 08-22-2021, 03:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thankyou all for all your kind words and advice. I’m on day 2 AGAIN but quite pleased I did a Saturday night without drinking! I’m determined not to fail next Friday! As for going to a shop that doesn’t sell alcohol don’t know a supermarket that doesn’t?! And taking taking only the money I need not going to happen that would mean going to a cash point getting cash out minimum you can is £10 and more than enough for milk and wine! But never go to the shop just for that but milk was the most important thing on my list so I could have my coffee only thing that was keeping me going with my lack of sleep! Think I will go to the supermarket on Thursday this week then not got the “ but it’s Friday “ in my head!!!
Old 08-22-2021, 07:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OK, the cash thing was only a suggestion. You could have a pile of pound coins you dip into for shopping. I did a similar thing at work to stop me buying junk food or giving money to charity 😆

In early days, any little barrier will help.