Notices

Does anyone else

Old 08-12-2021, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone else

Go into zoom meetings and think this one isn't for me ? I've been very resentful this afternoon and just generally low, I didn't drink as I know I would be straight back down there, everyone and everything seems to be pi**ing me right off, tomorrow is a new day, that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't use AA Mto2, but I'm sorry that your meeting didn't go well. It's probably too late for you to go out for a walk, but maybe you could listen to some music or watch a good movie to take your mind off the meeting.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gratitude maybe would help.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you mean zoom meetings in general or the specific one you were in at the time?

I attended a few zoom meetings last year during the first lockdown and found them to be useful though I didn't speak at any of them (or even turn on my camera, but that was something I liked about the meetings I attended. It was the fact I could be totally anonymous).
Old 08-12-2021, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not my normal meeting, but thought I had better go on one as I felt low and that leads to thoughts of drinking, but this meeting I just weren't feeling it.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 08-12-2021, 11:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Go into zoom meetings and think this one isn't for me ? I've been very resentful this afternoon and just generally low, I didn't drink as I know I would be straight back down there, everyone and everything seems to be pi**ing me right off, tomorrow is a new day, that's what I keep telling myself.
Yes I have
I sure can relate to the underlined. Had a few of those days, sometimes week.
Bolded is what keeps me going. That and sometimes a little release. Something may or may not get thrown.

youre doing well. Keep on

Old 08-12-2021, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I’ve been in some boring ones. Never really been irritated by them. Been in some good ones too. Best part is you didn’t drive there so turn it off or switch to a different meeting.

Usually it’s the host that makes it good or bad. If you join enough of them you will find some you like.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah thanks guys, I found some good ones as well so think I'll stick to them and go to the 24/7 next time if the other ones aren't on 👍
Old 08-12-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Slightly off topic answer, but here goes. I’m a teacher now and had to do quite a few weeks of Zoom teaching this year due to Covid restrictions. The kids, to be fair, tried their best with this. There were a few kids I hadn’t met in person before, and I thought some of these were a bit lazy and disinterested, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt as the whole experience was bizarre to them as well. How right I was to give them the benefit of the doubt as once back in school, they were decent kids and bright too.

Doing anything online is very artificial, and it’s hard to judge people’s persona or mood. Even the eye contact is odd. Where do you look?

Bear with it.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Not this meeting, I won't be going back, I will stick to what I need at this early stage, thank you
Old 08-12-2021, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lord yes! I went to loads of AA meetings in early sobriety to keep busy and surrounded by recovery. I hated a lot of meetings, there are loads of slogans and advice given about why a meeting might be bad but, for me, some were just sh*t. However they did keep me sober until i was in a position to pick and choose.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have 3 meetings that I feel able to open up and be myself so I'm happy with that, maybe I was just up and down today, not been myself which I knew was coming, gotta take the ups and downs I suppose 👍
Old 08-12-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Sounds about right.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

👍