Notices

Reaching out

Old 07-10-2021, 02:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Wel - I'm so glad you posted. That's why we're all here - to hold each other up during these times.
I definitely had a period of being emotional - feeling sorry for myself, regrets, etc. Ride it out - as the others have said, things will change. It doesn't stay like this (or none of us would make it).
You'll come out into the sunshine - and you'll be free.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

P.S. Please don't apologize. You didn't bring me down - in fact, I appreciate the reminder that I can never put myself through that again.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better Wel.
Trust me, this kind of emotional rollercoaster is totally totally normal - this is not the best you're going to feel

D
Old 07-10-2021, 06:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks again for all the kind words, It is now 2.20am over here woke up which is becoming the norm but after a very tearful night then it’s prob my body being unnerved so just thought come on here have a catch up n try nod back off, the emotions made me more determine to not head for the bottle! I cleared most alcohol out but left my husbands that I would never touch anyways as he working away right now ❤️ Al keep use posted on how I feel when I wake up tomorrow
Old 07-10-2021, 11:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Samantha

Regarding being teary eyed in early sobriety....this was something I noticed in AA lot. People aren't afraid to cry there.... you need to get it out. No one is strong all the time! This forum is another safe place to talk about your feelings because chances are, we've all been there!!!
Old 07-10-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Wel. Maybe in the air, but I was having a real rough go tonight with some anxiety and depression as well. Your post made me feel ok about it and I know that I’m not alone. Not even related to alcohol, life can be a tremendous challenge. We have to remember to be kind to ourselves and have realistic expectations of where we are and what we can accomplish. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Aw that has made me feel better - hearing that you read my posts and took something positive from it. Thank you! Yes I am being too harsh on myself and with my recovery being so new and early, last night would of been the night that I would of drank but didn’t not sure how my days going to be as I’ve only just opened my eyes. How r u all today?
Old 07-11-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Doing great on this Sunday morning Wel. 5 a.m. here. Up heading out to golf soon. Only way I ever do things like that is sober, that is for sure.

I hope your Sunday is going well. Keep yourself busy today.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well done for reaching out, it’s still something I struggle with and tend to just white knuckle it out.

having a good cry is awesome..tears are just the AV leaving the body!
Old 07-11-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wel17 View Post
Has anyone realised this emotional rush of tears! Think alcohol for me has hidden a lot of emotions and it’s all coming out tonight lol
Toward the end of my drinking one afternoon, I just sat down and cried. There didn't seem to be anything relevant that caused the cry. But your post helps me understand that part of it was that I was coming face to face with the realization that I had made a mess out of my life. It was worth a cry, but a few months later, I quit drinking. That cry was a complex thing. To identify one single cause is probably over simplifying. But I moved on, and it hasn't happened again. I cleaned up most of the mess. Much of that clean up didn't require a lot of work either. Somethings did, but mostly I just let normalcy replace the absence of alcohol in my brain.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hope you have a good day today, Wel17.

If you don't pick up a drink you've had a successful day. The tears will come and they will go. I figured they needed to come out for whatever reason(s.) I cried and was mad a LOT in early sobriety. It was just uncomfortable and I was always jumpy and irritable. It passes and now I have a peace I never knew while drinking.

Stay with us.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in the Southwest desert, after heavy monsoon rains last night.

So glad you're doing well. Great job!!
Old 07-11-2021, 10:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Great job, Wel17. Hang in there with it ... the early days can be very challenging, so many physical and emotional changes at once. It will sort itself out if you don't pick up a drink. I felt many strong feelings my first week or two of sobriety, lots of tears.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You’re in the right place!!
Old 07-11-2021, 01:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 7 accomplished! Now onto a busy week at work - walks and to look forward to my husband coming home this weekend - cannot wait for him to be home! ❤️ How was everyone’s Sunday? I took my daughter shopping with the money I would of spent on alcohol and take aways after the drinking - so that is just another positive to not drinking! We then visited my parents for Sunday roast dinner was a lovely wholesome Sunday thank you all so much for ur words of encouragement means the world to me
Old 07-11-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Smile

Congratulations on day seven! Great job!
Old 07-11-2021, 02:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

You sound good, Wel17.

Onward to the week!
Old 07-11-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you, Wel. You're doing it.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one week! You're not bringing everyone down by sharing your struggles. That's literally why we are here. To help each other through the good times AND the bad times. I'm really proud of you and how hard you are working at understanding yourself and taking care of yourself. Well done!